Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Am I doing something wrong? >

Am I doing something wrong?

Am I doing something wrong?

Old 02-23-2011, 10:22 AM

I was thinking the same thing about my entries--I have only once gotten a reaction and that was by two ladies who answered a question within an hour of my post. I was so grateful to them as it helped me. But I have decided that I have learned so much from others and their pictures and posts that I am not going to worry about it. And I have to say, I don't often comment on pictures of others' quilts although I do admire them and think they are beautiful. I will try to do better.
Old 02-23-2011, 10:26 AM

I feel your pain...I'm sort of a newbie in posting...I lurked for several months just reading...sometimes I think my posts don't get a good number of responses. Maybe it has something to do with being on a "buddy list" too...maybe the photos that get lots of traffic are from the same folks who check their buddy lists...or maybe I'm way, way off....

On the plus side though...I've been searching for two quilt kits for YEARS and within a day of posting I had offers from folks who had them and would part with them. So..forget everything I said...it's probably just timing and coincidence....lol....

anyway...stay...I'll make it a point to watch for your photos!
Old 02-23-2011, 10:28 AM

I'm glad you've gotten so many responses to this post. I know I have limited time to comment on every post. I love to see the pictures, too, but only have a few minutes to post responses, so I only post a comment on one or two. I hope you don't quit posting! I'm thrilled to see so many examples of what people are doing and learning.
Old 02-23-2011, 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
Sometimes it just happens that way especially if there are a lot of new topics posted in a day. I have some that have very few posts but I don't worry about it. Try not to let it get to you. We love you!!
I have to agree, there are many, many posts, and reading blogs. I am sorry if I may miss yours It's nothing intentional. I am sure others feel the same way

I might also add, that I usually don't comment on anyone's quilt. I could not possibly have enough time in the day to get to everyone. I am sorry that your feeling down about this and hope you don't leave the group
Old 02-23-2011, 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by Kappy
Originally Posted by Prism99
Originally Posted by Kappy
OK, I have a question, how does one "go back" and look at postings?
Click on the poster's screenname to the left of their post. There will be a "topics posted" list there that you can click on.
Thank you.
OK, I found out how to go back and look at posts. You do beautiful work, but for the life of me I don't remember ever seeing your table runner...which I love!...so I am assuming I am missing a lot of posts. I find myself just going to "recent topics" hoping to catch the highlights. So many quilts pics and so little time. LOL Keep posting!
Old 02-23-2011, 10:41 AM

I sent you pm and forgot to tell you that I lived in Pasadena for 37 years. My home was on 659 Saint John Ave. At the corner od Congress and St John. One block from California and Orange Grove. I miss my home and Pasadena. I have wonderful memories there.
Dick
Old 02-23-2011, 11:41 AM

When I put a topic up it never shows on the list of topics, I don't know what I do wrong it doesn,t get many returns and I don't know how the people that responded found it, that leads me to believe I miss alot. Maybe yours is the same.
Old 02-23-2011, 12:03 PM

This is the first time I have ever responded to a post. I just put my first pic post on yesterday. I had about 12 -15 replys which I thought was great. Please don't take how many relpys you get personally. I have very much enjoyed watching the board and am amazed by the support everyone recieves. Please know that I am glad you post and respond to the topics. This is a great community.
Old 02-23-2011, 12:12 PM

I don't always have time to look at all the pictures or posts-I spend too much time on here as it is. And if I do look at them, I don't always have time to post something everytime. I'm sorry that your feelings were hurt-it happens to most of us. Keep on quilting and posting-don't give up!
Old 02-23-2011, 12:19 PM

Wow have I ever been missing out. Spend so much time on here but missing articles. I do need to sleep etc. never mind do some quilting.
I can not respond to all but I do some. Apparently it depends on where you click to get articles as now that I went back I found many I never saw listed. I'm here hrs everyday and can not keep this schedule.

Please don't feel hurt as all people that send in are actually being a great help and support to so many others
like myself that need you and your inspiration.
Sending hugs.