Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Am I doing something wrong?

Thank you for posting this. I also feel that way at times, but then I don't comment on every post either, although I certainly look and admire/love everything I see on here. I guess we are all kind of guilty at some point. Keep on Posting.

Blog Entries
    I know I always look at ALL pictures quoted and ohh and ahh over them but do forget to post about them. It doesn't mean we didn't love your pictures, it may have been a busy day, multiple things going on in our lives, etc. I hope you continue to post your pictures.

Blog Entries
    I look at everyone's projects every day, but I don't comment.....I would be on here all day if I took time to do that. this is my first comment.

Blog Entries
    Well, this thread is certainly getting lots of posts! :D I just went back and looked, I remember looking at most of your quilts, just didn't comment...sorry. they are all beautiful! You do outstanding work. I think it just has to do with the number of topics on the board now....recent topics changes so quickly that a new thread is only on the 1st page for seconds. It didn't used to be that way.

Keep posting and sharing please... :D

Your work is beautiful. I look at many beautiful posts and do not comment, because I am short on time and I just feel like looking. Please don't judge your work on others responses. Keep posting.

Hugs! I am on dial up, so I dont gt to look at the pictures alot. It takes along time to load. Sometimes if I am at BFs I will get to look!
    I think it depends on the times too, on a busy night the pages change so quick!!!!!!!

no, I look a lot but rarely comment, I'm at work so I don't have time to comment often.

Sending you some love and going to look at your pictures. I do think some people are a little higher profile and maybe get more responses. It is just the way life is. The rest of us are with you. ~smile~

Well definitely getting enough looks and responses in this post.

I went through my info and it seems for the 33 topics I started there were 3 topis that got more then a hundred responses. Many posts got 0-20 responses. None of the picture posts for quilts finnished got 100 or more responses.

I do not think it is anything you are doing. It could be that those responding to the pictures are picking and choosing which ones to respond to. I have not submitted any pictures of finished quilts or quilts in progress yet. One reason is that I do not have a camera that I can download them onto my computer and the other reason is that I do not have any quilts ready to show enough progress on. Keep pitching and maybe next time you will receive over 100 responses. Jeanniebelle

Junior Member QuiltingrandmafromMi's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I've had that happen too! Maybe they need to put this into 2 categories. 1 for articles people just want you to read, and 2 for those that want a response!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pam1966
    Quote Originally Posted by Sadiemae
    I look at the pictures that are posted, but I rarely post on them. I have to get some things done in the house, and there just aren't enough hours in the day to post on every picture shown.
    Same here! Maybe I should at least put something. But saying the same thing over and over again, even though I do MEAN it, seems a bit redundant.
    I Agree, Most of the time people have already said what I think and I hate to repost the same thing.

Senior Member CompulsiveQuilter's Avatar
    I think sometimes it has to do with the title of the post - something catchy or personal and the excitement is contagious. I had the most responses ever to a title that said "I did it! I meandered!" I also most always click on the ones that say my first, or my second quilt because I want to pass on some encouragement.

Junior Member QuiltingWithMissy's Avatar
    Woody, It is like a quilt guild here. There are clicks and if you belong to one you will get praises for your quilt. If you don't belong to one them there will be only a few comments.
    This being said I bet I am ask to not post here any longer. I have heard a lot of my life the truth will set you free.

Blog Entries
    I personally wouldn't be offended about the number of posts, but be thrilled about the number of views. Draw your audience in with a creative topic posting. I get on here everyday and go through as many posts as I can, but will not reply to every one. But, don't stop posting, we still want to look at all you accomplish! Thanks for sharing with us!

Blog Entries
    I am very guilty of not responding but going in and looking at pictures of quilts. sometimes it just lack of time (dial/up network grrrrr) and things load very slowly. Don't feel bad, we all just love seeing quilts. hugs

Post your pics cause you want to share, & show off, your latest accomplishments. We should all be proud of our work, & it's nice to have a place to share it, isn't it! Don't worry about comments, sometimes we look, but don't have time to comment on every single one we see. And sometimes, I have noticed, an older pic keeps getting comments, later on down the line. So, who knows, but don't take it personal, just enjoy this lovely board & keep on quilting!....

Hi Mary...

I've seen your posts... 'cause I remember your great avatar quilt.

This happens to me to. Sometimes, I'll ask a question that I really need an answer to... and I get one or two responses. (and one of the responses invariably is... 'I don't know, but someone must.." kinda thing). Then I'll post another comment about something off topic.. and get 20 responses in the first 6 hours.

I take it that it just 'is what it is'... lol. Please don't be discouraged or hurt. Like one of the other comments said, sometimes is time of day posted (lots of comments and new topics hitting all at once...).

Other times, I've posted a new topic... and I've NEVER seen it come up on the "Recent Topic" listing. In fact, I can't find it at all, unless I go to the "My Topics" section and find it. Sometimes, that's why others dont' see what I've posted. Again, I think it's the sheer number of posts and new topics being entered simultaniously.

If it happens again, try this.... comment on your OWN topic. That will sometimes bump it up to a 'recent topic' and others will see it when they scan the 'recent topics' section.

This is a great board... but very very large! Easy to get 'lost' in.

Feel better...
    hugs, kim

Wow! I must've missed your posts... I just looked at your past photos, you do great work! I love the log cabin pillow & the gift card holders are adorable! Great job.

My latest post also got very minimal responses and I never saw it on the QuiltingBoard Digest. The pic appears under my postings, but I'm not sure how anyone else saw it.

Mary, don't let it get you down. I've viewed and love all of your work but I don't usually post replies. I give everyone the oooos and ahhhhs as I view. If I replied to all of the beautiful work that I've seen, I would be online all day and night. You do beautiful work! No disrespect meant, there is just so much to see and so little time to respond. I'm making time just for you today. Keep up the good work!

Linda

maybe I have the wrong concept of posting . when I post it is to share my quilts, not to look for compliments. I enjoy having others "see" my quilts some of them are by no means deserving of compliments yet I enjoy "showing them off" Don't be upset over the number of remarks you get, just know they are being looked at and some will like them and some won't.
    I always look at every post but don't always remark on them,

I know for me, when I see a lot of posts, and they are all saying the same thing I was going to say, I don't post. I never thought that it might hurt the feelings of the poster. I will try to be better in the future.

Everyone needs hugs, and constructive criticism if in order! :XD:

Don't let it bother you. I know that when I look at postings. There are more that I love besides the ones I responded to but I may be in more of a hurry on some days than others. If yours is one of the later ones I read, and I am in a hurry, chances are that it may not get a response from me. Next time.

I sometimes don't post because what I have to say has been said (well said!) several times before! I have yet to put one of my projects out there - I'll see how it goes!
    Rana

I know what you mean. I haven't started many
    topics, or posted pictures, but I have noticed that
    when I comment on something, especially if it
    is someone asking for advice and I feel I might
    could help them, I never get anything back.
    I noticed that others reply to different comments
    from people, but all of my comments just sit there.

However, I don't think it is because they are
    ignoring me - just too many responses to reply to.
    I, too, look at some pictures that I think I might like
    to see, but rarely do I comment. Like others have
    said, there just aren't enough hours in the day to
    reply to everything. Hang in there - there are a lot
    of people on here that do care. :)

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast