Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Am I doing something wrong?

I usually do not go to the main board. I get up quite early in the morning, mostly about 4:30 a.m. and get the Konstatin e-mail and I mainly read those, but many a day, not even all of them and I try to reply to most of them but often, time wise, I have to give up before I have gone through all of them. Take the "newbys", I try to do through them and if there are a few with less responses, I try to welcome them and get as many as I can. I can see that many responses are entered the day before, but like I said, I don't usually go to the main unless I have an evening when I have more time available. There are probably quite a few like me and I think that is why this happens to some entries. I sure would not take it personally, if I were you.

Blog Entries
    I look at them all, some i even copy for future quilt inspiration reference. But I'm afraid I respond to few. Sorry.
    MK

Oh, gee, guess I'll quit being so selfish and start letting people know when something really excites me. I am spellbound by the talent of the people who are brave enough to post their pictures. I love to quilt but haven't honed my skills very well. Oh, by the way, the other day I asked if someone knew of a good site to get patterns for puppets. I think I did get a response but didn't find it for some time later. Thank you for that response.

You aren't doing anything wrong. I think it's just that a lot of us are so busy we don't have time to post a comment. I really enjoy looking at everyone's pics of their projects and sometimes post a short comment. Keep posting...we all love to see what you're making. I just wish I had the courage to post some of my work...lol.

Junior Member east side quilter's Avatar
    I'm sorry I didn't realise their was more then one page of responses. I just looked at the corner of my screen and saw page 1,2,3, and so on.

I too love this quilt board. I go daily, and sometimes more, for helpful hints, or to just read the notes, and especially look at the pictures. I truly enjoy doing this, but I do not always comment. That does not mean that I don't like the quilts. By all means, I think the work is outstanding. Do not take it personally - this is a great group of friendly people.

Carol

it's not just you. I have had lots of people look at posts but often only 1 or 2 reply some times more. don't take it personally I know I look at a lot of posts and I don't always have the time to comment on them all, we all live such busy lives and we can only spend so much time on this QB,

I look but don't post.

I look but don't always post.

I guess I like to admire them. Wish I could make them. :thumbup:

Blog Entries
    Every time I make a comment QB puts me on the list to receive all future comments. There are so many members that my computer can't handle can't handle all the one word comments so I have decided to view, enjoy, not respond. I never thought about it being offensive to those placing a post. I know how thrilled I am when someone quotes a reply to something I have said so should have been aware of how you feel. Please don't take it personally. We are all so important to one another. A view without a comment doesn't mean I don't love your work, just my computer is being like a naughty child that I don't know how to control.

Blog Entries
    I don't post on every picture; most of the time I don't even get to all the pics. I find during the week we often get little response on our posts. I am at home all day and STILL don't have time to look at all of them. I know you are not being ignored or doing anything wrong. Just keep posting pics, please :lol: :lol:

Blog Entries
    I just reviewed all of your postings - many I had missed before. Don't know how that happened cause I'm on this board every day. Anyway, I LOVE your quilts, your color selections, and your workmanship. I'm sure many others feel the same as me - but often I don't comment because of time restraints. Sorry for that, I will try to do better in the future.
    Keep up the outstanding creativity!

Things move so fast around here, I rarely get to read all the different boards, let alone comment on individual pictures. I also have the habit of looking at "recent posts" which are the ones with more recent comments, so it's easy to miss things because that's the traffic across all the boards.

Don't feel bad. I thought for a while that my name was "thread killer" because every one I ever posted in, mine was the last comment. :)

This board has been a life saver for me as my DH passed in December. Every day at first this was something to do in the cold, lonely winter, but as time goes on and I feel better I have moved on to quilting more. I don't read every comment , nor comment on things much. I didn't realize that the number of comments was so important. I'll try to do more! You have done nothing wrong.

I want to send a note of apology to all of you. I have been one that looks at all the pictures I can. I love eye candy. And there are times I write a comment and sometimes I don't. It has nothing to do with the work, its just me. So please forgive me one and all for not telling you all how wonderful your work really is, I will try and do better because all of your work is worth at least a wow comment. I am so sorry.

j
    I only read the first page because I dont have time to read every page on every forum, so I probably lose alot of info, and although I enjoy the pictures, I never comment. I will see about changing my ways. - J

I just joined this board and have looked at your wonderful work several times. Sorry if I have not responded to your posts I just seem to forget who and what I post to.

Many blessings and remember always vent and talk it out.

Quote Originally Posted by cjomomma
    Sometimes it just happens that way especially if there are a lot of new topics posted in a day. I have some that have very few posts but I don't worry about it. Try not to let it get to you. We love you!!
    I agree with cjomomma. When my time is limited, I may look, but not comment. I'm sure your work is seen and appreciated more than you know.

I tend to spend most of my time on the main forum so I just went and checked out your posts. You are doing some lovely work!

I will make more of an effort to frequent the picture forum because I am obviously missing out on some neat stuff :-)

sorry i am sure it was an oversight. i don't think anyone on this board would do anything to hurt you. have a blessed day

I know that I am part of the problem. I love to look at the pictures of quilts but I do not have the time to reply to all of them. I will try to respond to more of them in the future.

I think you need to look at how many have viewed your posts. Not all of us have the time (especially when at work :oops: ) to post a comment. Your quilts are beautiful so don't feel slighted.

You are not alone. I just love the QB and love to
    see what others have done. It really inspires me
    to do more.

Sometimes I don't write something becasue there is no way to just make a comment, or leave a compliment, without the follow up responses showing up in the email box. If there were a way to just give a "thumbs up" like on "Stumble", I'd make more 'well done' comments! So, please don't take a lack of responses as a sign that no one likes your work. Just not saying so so we don't get swamped with follow up emails that then have to be opened and then unwatchedand then closed again. All time consuming when we could be admiring more of your quilts!

Quote Originally Posted by woody1229
    Hi - I've been on this board for nearly a year, and I go on it every day, usually more than once a day, because I love looking at everyone's work and seeing what others are talking about. I respond to other peoples' posts, too, although maybe not as often as others.

But when I post a picture of my latest completed project, I have found that I get a very minimal response from the rest of the board. Most pictures get over 100 responses, many get much more than that, while mine have been averaging under 20. This has happened so many times that I am forced to wonder if there is some unwritten rule I am breaking that I don't know about. I wouldn't ask, except that it happens every time. It's starting to bug me a bit, even hurt my feelings a little.

I love this board, but I'm not really feeling the love in return. Please be honest, is it me?

Mary B.
    I don't think it is a personal think woody,it happens to me also. The fact is this is not a small or medium board anymore, there are so many people posting in a given day that if you have posted it gets shoved to the 2nd or 3rd page depending on when you posted and how many have posted at that perticulare time. :thumbup: some don't have the time or don't think abt. going to the next page. So just keep on posting or make a comment on your own post and it will go to the first page again. :D BillsBonBon

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast