Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Am I insane or what? >

Am I insane or what?

Am I insane or what?

Old 06-28-2010, 05:33 PM

Thank you for your willingness to make quilts for charity. My LQS gave me about 8 bolts of what was left on them when she found out that I helped make quilts for our church to send to Lutheran World Relief. We use what is donated. Several ladies from the quilt guild also gave me fabric. We were so thankful for all of it. We have made some beautiful quilts out of fabric that others have not needed. THANK YOU!
Old 06-28-2010, 05:58 PM
Power Poster

That was VERY nice of her :D:D:D Maybe she will keep you in mind for the next bag too :wink:
Old 06-28-2010, 07:30 PM

Not crazy at all but instead lucky! I guess you were in the right place at the right time! Enjoy your little windfall and make something fun with those scraps!
Old 06-28-2010, 10:57 PM

Thank you for all of your kind comments. Makes me feel good not to be the only one who is addicted. Just didn't expect it to go this fast, b/c I'm such a newbie to sewing.

In case you are interested in the charity I'm planning to sew something for: I got to know a young woman. She had a baby, which was diagnosed with leucemia shortly after birth. The parents were devastated, but nonetheless they started fighting the battle. The baby got a cell transplant, which went out fine, just to pass away at the age of ten month b/c of an hospital infection, which she couldn't fight anymore. Her wonderful and more than brave parents, god bless them, shortly after this, founded a charity organisation to help other kids and families in need. To me, this is just above everything. Besides sharing their grief, I admire them and feel the need to support their chartity organisation. You can read more about it here: http://www.helenes-helfer.de/home. It's in German, but I'm sure you get it just by seing the picture of the precious little baby, who touched peoples life in the short period of time she was allowed to be on earth. I hope to be able to collect enough fabric for a nice quilt (or maybe two), batting and backing I'm gonna buy from the lady who donated the scraps. I'm planning on selling the quilt in an auction/raffle to raise some money for this charity.
Thanks for making it to the end and thank you for your kind thoughts, not only according to my upcoming addiction :).

Hugs from Germany,
Anne
Old 06-28-2010, 11:00 PM
Banned

I received 3 large boxes of quilting goodies from a lady hosting an estate sale. I still have yet to go through all of the for a 3rd time. 98% of the items are exactly what I needed. It is amazing how God works! I cannot wait to see the quilt.
Old 06-28-2010, 11:15 PM

You are definately a Fabricolic. Sorry no help available only to sew and sew and sew. OH and collect even more fabric and more and more.
Old 06-29-2010, 08:14 AM
Power Poster

Just noticed you are from Germany,
Old 06-29-2010, 08:16 AM

save the land fill and do something nice...beyond nice selfless! the owner is probably hoping to keep you happy! a happy customer comes back for batting!
Old 06-30-2010, 03:33 AM

okay! you have given me a bit of hope ! scraps huh? sounds good to me as a newbe too!
Old 06-30-2010, 03:35 AM

I have read each one of those responses, Ladies thanks for uplifting me about fabric! now I can go forward, and quilt, be a quiltaholic! yeaaaa