Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Am I the only one???? >

Am I the only one????

Am I the only one????

Old 09-15-2011, 06:22 AM

I have a Brother with quilting attachments and many different stitches for embroidery, etc. This is not a long arm or a machine that is meant for quilting large items. I do crib quilts and table runner with no adjustment to size. Larger quilts, I quilt in sections, then attached on the back side by handing stitching. Yes, it takes time and patience, but a quilt can be quilted with a design just as well this way as on a real quilting machine. It just takes longer and is not automatic.

Originally Posted by Threads of Love
Am I the only one out here that doesn't have a quilting machine???? I make queen size quilts and have to quilt all by hand, which takes forever! I keep asking for a quilter but know in this small place I'll never get one.....oh boo whooo for me. Sorry just being jealous of all the beautiful work you all do.
Thanks.
Old 09-15-2011, 06:32 AM

I quilt queen and king size quilts by hand, I mean hand quilting, I like it better that machine quilting, the hand quilting is the most fun of the quilting IMHO, but that is just me. The designing and pieceing are fun, but the hand quilting is the relaxing part.
Old 09-15-2011, 06:36 AM

I don't have one either.
Old 09-15-2011, 06:37 AM

I think we all would secretly love to have a long arm. But that is just not going to happen in my case so I have taught myself how to quilt on my own domestic machine and I love it! I enjoy the process and the satisation of knowing I completed the quilt from the first stitch to the last.
Old 09-15-2011, 06:41 AM

No you are not alone.. I do not own nor need a long-arm quilting machine. I do all my quilts by hand, assembly and quilt.
I actually love the look of hand quilted quilts and take pride in my accomplishment.
Old 09-15-2011, 06:52 AM

I don't have one and I do not want one. I do all my quilts on a oval hoop on a stand. I do all by hand.
Old 09-15-2011, 06:54 AM

I didn't read all the notes so this might be a repeat but those of you without a longarm on a frame but want more room than DSM can give you, look at longarm machines that are on a stationary table. They are not a whole lot more than a good sewing machine (not top of the line machine) and give you lots of room but don't cost as much and don't require as much room.
Robin
Old 09-15-2011, 06:55 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by bnndr
No you are not alone.. I do not own nor need a long-arm quilting machine. I do all my quilts by hand, assembly and quilt.
I actually love the look of hand quilted quilts and take pride in my accomplishment.
:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Old 09-15-2011, 06:59 AM

I do have one but still quilt my "best" quilts by hand. I enjoy the process and the look is entirely different. One of the best quilters I know does every stitch by hand--doesn't even own a sewing machine. She makes a lot of quilts that way and all beautiful. A longarm is a nice tool but, until the time comes, enjoy the fact that you have the skills to do without it.
Old 09-15-2011, 07:00 AM

I don't have the money for either a LAQ Machine or to have someone quilt for me. So I have two quilt frames. Hand quilting is very relaxing for me. Must be therapeutic!! (LOL)