Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Am I the only one???? >

Am I the only one????

Am I the only one????

Old 09-15-2011, 04:45 AM

I don't have one either and like you, my place is so small. I must admit that I would have a difficult and extremely painful time if I had to stand to use one.I have degenerative disc disease and arthritus in my spine. I have quite a few discs missing so have had to back away from some things.My lights are flickering so bad this morning, I may lose power at any time.
Old 09-15-2011, 04:53 AM

Originally Posted by AlwaysQuilting
You're not the only one. I don't have a quilting machine either.
I don't have one either. I would have to make a lot of quilts to justify that kind of purchase. Then, I would have to find room to set it up.
Old 09-15-2011, 04:55 AM

Nope you aren't alone, I don't have a quilting machine either. I do what quiting I do on my regular machine. It takes me a long time, but I get it done. So don't feel alone ok. Have a Blessed day.
Old 09-15-2011, 05:00 AM

I like nothing better than to sit at my frame or under a hoop and relax by hand quilting. Machines are not for me.
Old 09-15-2011, 05:05 AM

I don't have one either. Don't want the long arm, no where to put it. I still hand quilt but am going to try to quilt a small top on my Brother.
Old 09-15-2011, 05:08 AM

Nope, don't have one, do my quilting on my brother,it's almost the true meaning of quilting.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-256937.png  
Old 09-15-2011, 05:08 AM

You are not the only one. I just use a regular sewing machine - it is difficult but I'd rather use a machine than do it by hand. I dream of someday owning a quilting machine!
Old 09-15-2011, 05:15 AM

Originally Posted by Threads of Love
Am I the only one out here that doesn't have a quilting machine???? I make queen size quilts and have to quilt all by hand, which takes forever! I keep asking for a quilter but know in this small place I'll never get one.....oh boo whooo for me. Sorry just being jealous of all the beautiful work you all do.
Thanks.
You're not the only one who doesn't have a quilting machine. The quilts I make I Stitch in the Ditch...have you tried that? I'm going to learn how to free motion quilt, someday! Boo Whoo, don't be sad...maybe some day the Quilting Machine Fairy Godmother will visit you, so keep strong and forge ahead.
Old 09-15-2011, 05:20 AM
Power Poster

Nope, don't have one and don't have plans to get one either. I quilt all mine on my little Bernina. Its not hard, just take your time and make sure you have a large something on your left and behind the machine to support the weight.
Old 09-15-2011, 05:25 AM

You're not aloe. I would love to get a quilting machine but it's still out of my price range. I do my own FMQ on my Janome 6600. Il find I enjoy it and feel as if I have lots of control since my hands are on the fabric all the time. About 2 years ago, I quilted a king size on my domestic machine and had no problem.