Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Am I the only one who hates their machine threader? >

Am I the only one who hates their machine threader?

Am I the only one who hates their machine threader?

Old 01-08-2010, 03:17 PM

I haven't figured out how to do it yet. I'll have to keep trying because I refuse to let it defeat me!
Old 01-08-2010, 03:25 PM

I love my Janome threader... after the laser surgery on my eyes I can see in the distance beautifully but the up close vision isn't great. So the threader is a God send for me!
Old 01-08-2010, 03:33 PM
Power Poster

I don't think I have one. My machine is from about 1992. Maybe they did not make them back then??
Old 01-08-2010, 03:47 PM

I have a Janome and right needles and I am like you most the time cant get it to work and when I do....I could have already threaded the needle 15 times....LOL
Old 01-08-2010, 03:48 PM

I have two Pfaff's and one of the threaders is better than the other. However, I am a great fan of beeswax. I use it on my serger thread to thread both the needles and the loopers, so when in a hurry I also use it on my Pfaff machines.
Old 01-08-2010, 04:04 PM

I have several machines, but only one (a Singer Quantum 2623) has the blasted needle threader. Needless to say, it is simply a waste of the plastic and metal used to make it. I have NOT EVER been able to get it to work, not by reading the manual and doing it step-by-step, not by guess and by golly. It just doesn't work (kind of like some kids I know!). Even the dealer I purchased it from couldn't make it work.

Some great gizmo they gave us, eh???
Old 01-08-2010, 04:31 PM
Power Poster

I have a Bernina 153QE (Virtuoso) and I use it all the time but mine doesn't sound as automatic as some of yours do. Basically it is a little lever on the side with a very fine wire that will go through the eye of the needle. You push your thread across a notch on the lever and it must catch in the wire and pull the thread thru. My eyes have gotten so bad I can't see what it does and lord help me if I have to start threading the needle again. I will have to add a magnifier glass to my sewing table drawer :lol:
Old 01-08-2010, 06:10 PM

I have 3 machines with needle threaders, Pfaff, a Bernina
and a Baby Lock and I love love the needle threader would not be without it
Dodie
Old 01-08-2010, 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by pam1966
You know the little device that catches the thread and threads the needle of the machine for you? I hate it! I can't do it! I can thread the machine in half the time myself. I feel like such an idiot. I've had three machines over the past ten years and they just don't work for me.

Sometimes I think, "ok I'll try it this time." Nope! :lol:
on my new computer kenmore, the first time it took me twice as long. I now know how to do it. When done right it is quicker that the hand threading. I just forget it is there sometimes.
If your book has pictures and instructions look at the pictures that helped me more than the instuctions did. I was doing it Arse backwards. LOL. Good Luck
BillsBonBon
Old 01-08-2010, 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by feline fanatic
I have a Bernina 153QE (Virtuoso) and I use it all the time but mine doesn't sound as automatic as some of yours do. Basically it is a little lever on the side with a very fine wire that will go through the eye of the needle. You push your thread across a notch on the lever and it must catch in the wire and pull the thread thru. My eyes have gotten so bad I can't see what it does and lord help me if I have to start threading the needle again. I will have to add a magnifier glass to my sewing table drawer :lol:
That is the kind I have. when I put the thread in the right place it works wonderfully.
BillsBonBon