Am I out of line here? >

Am I out of line here?

Am I out of line here?

Old 02-15-2012, 10:57 PM

Originally Posted by Quilty-Louise View Post
Personally I would have done the SAME thing you did, and I
have in the past 2 weeks done that on 2 different occasions
because what I was being charged was not what was stated
in their "ordering and shipping"policies.

I also changed my mind about ordering SEVERAL items from
Amazon because the item I was ordering was 10 of those
"purple thangs" at a cost $1.65 each and they
wanted to charge $6.28 for shipping on EACH item.
GASP!!! They must think we're stupid.

And, no, Linda, I think you were not out of line to cancel. I resent companies that gouge us on shipping, and especially when there is no evidence that shipping the somewhat larger order would actually cost them that much more, unless they're so inefficient that they are sending the different items in separate boxes. Failure to spell out the total shipping price before you pay is inexcusable.
Old 02-15-2012, 11:16 PM
Banned

I TOTALLY agree, they were sneaky and hopefully will not gain anything by it.
Old 02-16-2012, 06:56 AM

These people have quite a racket going on. My hubby ordered something (first time) agreed to pay extra shipping for second since he was suppose to get it FREE. Order would have been $20. Ended up costing $79. I told him "from now on when you see something you THINK you need wait till it comes on the market". CVS and other stores always have a section "AS SEEN ON TV" We called the credit card company and they said they have had a lot of complaints. The company would take the second set back but we had to pay the shipping. We kept it instead. Lesson learned.
Old 02-16-2012, 09:45 AM

No. I would not pay it either. I understand their point of view, but it should have been figured in the original amount. They should have just gone ahead and shipped it for the price paid and then changed their policy for the next order. You did the right thing by cancelling your order. I would have too.
Old 02-16-2012, 09:57 AM
QKO

I think also that you did the right thing by cancelling. It really shouldn't make any difference WHY you cancel an order with a vendor, if you're uncomfortable with the order IN ANY WAY, you should be able to cancel it before it ships with no questions asked.

If it has already been shipped, you are in a different situation, then you have to carefully read and follow the vendor's return policy.
Old 02-16-2012, 09:52 PM

I agree. You should have cancelled the order.
Old 02-17-2012, 01:46 AM

Sorry you had problems. But "FREE" means free....So...unless the description says "free portion of the order" requires additional shipping costs, then they did not fully disclose terms of order. Some companies/ orders are very sneaky about this. It is as if they make their money on shipping charges. I myself have seen that sometimes a person will order an item, but then, "shipping" is charged & the item shipped is not equal to the charge for shipping.... Don't know if that makes any sense.....but IMHO those are my thoughts
Old 02-17-2012, 07:34 AM
Banned

No matter what Amazon's policies are, if this vendor did not state up front that you were to pay postage on the free item (and gave you an invoice with a total amount due that didn't include an additional shipping fee), then it was that vendor's error and he/she should have simply written it off and not tried to charge you after you had already paid. If it had been me and that vendor wouldn't budge on it, then I would have cancelled the order and would never do business with them again. I'd even go one step further and leave feedback that alerts other buyers as to their shady business practices.
Old 02-17-2012, 07:56 AM

I ordered from one of the TV ads with a BOGO free deal and ended up paying separate shipping charges on my order, which ended up making my "special" not a special at all. Since then I won't order from them at all. I have noticed on the ads lately that at least some of them now say "pay S&H for both items". Guess they got enough complaints with their sneakiness. Burned once, shame on them, burned twice, shame on me!!
Old 02-17-2012, 08:17 AM

Location: Small town in Northeast Oregon close to Washington and Idaho

Yes, I would absolutely inform them that I cancelled my whole order because of them trying to tack on extra shipping on a freebie. They need to KNOW that you are cancelling the order and why. And they need to know that you are going to spread the word about their methods. Then, maybe, just maybe, they might reconsider. I, also, have tried buying things on TV and have called them and have gotten a machine to take my order. It tells me I can get the second free for just the shipping and usually the shipping is $19.95. And the machine will not take "no" for an answer. And I found that they take your credit card number first thing after you order the item that you called about but I found that the lousy machine keeps trying to sell you different things and if you are impatient like me and hang up, they will charge you for all kinds of things they are trying to sell. I've had to refuse packages because they added all kinds of products just because I hung up and didn't listen and say "no" a thousand times to all their products. Now, I will never order anything off of TV because of that. And I know better than to give them my debit card number after I order my original item. And they do have some good products they sell only on TV, but in the end you pay way too much for it.