Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Amazing how things happen

Blog Entries
    How nice, to have someone admire your quilting & ask for your help.She'll never forget learning. It's a wonderful compliment to you.

Quote Originally Posted by jayelee
    My neice who told me that she didnt want me to make her a quilt for Christmas but asked for a sewing machine and fabric from her parents for Christmas, so I could teach her to make one , came over yesterday She brought with her a piece of graph paper with her design of what she wants her quilt to be and the fabric she would like to make it out of. We are going to start cutting next weekend. This is going to be more fulfilling than giving her a quilt woild have ever been. I felt so hurt when she told me not to make her a quilt for Christmas so I didnt.This is the best Christmas gift anyone has ever given me.
    There are happy endings, huh?? Thanks for sharing that.

That is just heart warming!
    You are going to cherish the memories - don't forget to take some pics while you are in the process!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by frugalfabrics
    Wow, that is amazing...kinda like that parable: teach a person to fish and they will fish for life...although I like the paraphrase of teach a person to quilt, and they will quilt for life!
    You stole my words! :)

Truly a wonderful gift to be able to share your talent with someone who chose YOU to teach them!

My dil is learning how to quilt. She has asked me to help her and she did awesome! She listned and has watched me before. Her hand quilting stitches beat mine and I have been quilting for 10 years now! LOL

You will give her the best Christmas gift ever. Just the time spent with her will make it a wonderful year.

what a great complement to your quilt making skills. Enjoy the time together,

What a wonderful opportunity to "sew" it forward!!!

wonderful! Makes you feel better that she trusted you to teach her as she admired your quilting!!

Blog Entries
    Your niece has obviously enjoyed and been inspired by your quilts for her to request that you teach her. Enjoy your time with her. My aunt is the person responsible for getting me involved in quilting. Wish she were still around to provide me with her experience and words of wisdom.

Blog Entries
    :thumbup:

That's one smart girl..she is having you give her the gift of a life time of fun and hundreds of quilts! Much better than one quilt.

that is the sweetest enjoy ............

Can you imagine later in her life about the stories she tells - when her aunt taught her to sew and how she helped her to make her first quilt.

How wonderful :)....I hope my DGDs will want to learn some day.

What a lot of wonderful memories are in store for you both

:thumbup:

Blog Entries
    How fantastic. My sisters are coming over this weekend to learn to quilt, there are four of them. My niece and sil are coming too. I hope I can teach them.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    that is awesome!

Blog Entries
    What a heart warming story! I know you will treasure your time with her.

Blessings,
    Kim

The beginning of some wonderful memories. Savor the time with her. She will never forget your efforts.

You are giving her the best gift ever by teaching her to make quilts so she can keep on giving the gift of a quilt to others.

Quote Originally Posted by jayelee
    My neice who told me that she didnt want me to make her a quilt for Christmas but asked for a sewing machine and fabric from her parents for Christmas, so I could teach her to make one , came over yesterday She brought with her a piece of graph paper with her design of what she wants her quilt to be and the fabric she would like to make it out of. We are going to start cutting next weekend. This is going to be more fulfilling than giving her a quilt woild have ever been. I felt so hurt when she told me not to make her a quilt for Christmas so I didnt.This is the best Christmas gift anyone has ever given me.
    Wow what a wonderful bonding story - can't want to see we what make

This sounds like a sermon I remember from decades ago. The "lesson" was, never assume you know the intention behind what someone says to you. Being able to share what you love to do is so much fun.

This reminds me of my daughter and granddaughter learning to sew/quilt. They had friends in 4H and wanted to be a part of the group. I helped my daughter's 4H and then years later, my granddaughter's. Mom being one of the helpers wasn't always so good.... sometimes that mother/daughter thing would be ugly. But, years later, she's told me how co-workers would ask her to help them sew something and she's glad she has the skills she learned. She was the first in the county to win best at sewing and modeling the same year. My granddaughter won a blue ribbon on the quilt she made and still shows it off. I'm hoping I'll still be around to help teach my new great-granddaughter..... I'm smiling as I write this... the memories are so great!!

Keep us posted ......

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast