Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
another issue with Joanns coupon >

another issue with Joanns coupon

another issue with Joanns coupon

Old 01-13-2011, 10:10 AM

I had this exact same experience trying to buy an iron at JoAnns. Honestly, I get so frustrated with their coupons. I've used them plenty, but there have been plenty I've arrived at the cashier and been told I couldn't use them for some fine print reason. When that happens, I leave the item with the cashier in protest.
Old 01-13-2011, 10:13 AM

A good thing about JoAnn's coupon is that it can be used on books or magazines if they aren't on sale or already on discount. Last summer I was at Michael's and found out I couldn't use my %off coupon for a pattern book, but later at JoAnn's I found they did allow it for books/mags.
Old 01-13-2011, 10:15 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by roselady
My small iron that I use next to my sewing machine quit working, and I really need to replace it. I wasn't crazy about the one I had, but it worked and was better than nothing. Joanns carries the rowenta travel iron for 54.99, way too much for me, but I had a 40% off coupon, if it wasn't on sale. Yay, it wasn't, BUT, in the fine print, irons are excluded from using the coupon. I thought for sure someone here on the board had said they bought an iron using a coupon. Is there a chance that a coupon will come available sometime that will allow me to use it for an iron, or are all their coupons basically the same? Thanks for your help.
Check with Rite-Aid or CVS they have irons on sale frequently for ten dollars.
Old 01-13-2011, 11:00 AM

I will not buy a Rowenta as I feel they are over-priced and you are paying for the brand. There are many irons out there just as good for less money. I have had a cheap one from Target for years and it works great with no leaking. My opinion here is save some money with another brand without a coupon.
Old 01-13-2011, 11:08 AM

Wow, I did not know that joanns honored Michales coupons.
Old 01-13-2011, 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by craftyone27
One thing I just discovered is that JoAnn's honors competitors coupons. This is good because if you have a Michael's craft ftore or Hobby Lobby that has goos coupons you can use them at JoAnn's. I had one that was good for 40% off entire purchase, including sale items. Check for those locally to see if one may help you!
What you say is true but for JoAnns to honor a Michaels coupon the item has to be sold in both stores. I am not sure Michael's sells irons.
The reason I know is that I used a Michaels coupon at JoAnns and the computer woud not take it because they did not sell it at Michaels. But if JoAnns is close to you it is worth a try.
Old 01-13-2011, 11:37 AM

I am going to see if the OKC Joann's does this. (If so, they sure keep it a secret!)
Old 01-13-2011, 11:55 AM

I have also had a regular sized Rowenta, and had a terrible experience with it, all the leaking etc... The only reason I was considering the travel iron is that I want a small iron to use next to my sewing machine, and everything I read about the mini craft irons is not so good, they don't seem to heat up enough. Since my intention was not to ever put water in the small Rowenta I was thinking it might not have the issues that were so irritating with the full size iron, I had in the past. Thank you all for your input with this issue, I will keep my eye open for that "special coupon" that will actually work for something I need!!
Old 01-13-2011, 11:59 AM

One thing I just discovered is that JoAnn's honors competitors coupons. This is good because if you have a Michael's craft ftore or Hobby Lobby that has goos coupons you can use them at JoAnn's. I had one that was good for 40% off entire purchase, including sale items. Check for those locally to see if one may help you!
You cannot use the Michael's coupons on fabric since Michael's does not sell fabric. However, Hobby Lobby sells fabric so I've used their coupons at JoAnn's.
Old 01-13-2011, 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by Quilting Nana
What you say is true but for JoAnns to honor a Michaels coupon the item has to be sold in both stores. I am not sure Michael's sells irons.
The reason I know is that I used a Michaels coupon at JoAnns and the computer woud not take it because they did not sell it at Michaels. But if JoAnns is close to you it is worth a try.
My JoAnn's honored the coupon for a fabric purchase and our Michaels doesn't sell fabric. It must depend on the store.