Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Another way to store fabric >

Another way to store fabric

Another way to store fabric

Old 07-20-2010, 10:26 AM
Power Poster

I LOVE it :D:D:D
Old 07-20-2010, 10:36 AM

I have to admit that I did not know what the ruler method was - and I have to say that now that I know what it is, I do believe that I need to do some SERIOUS fabric folding!! I am going to fold up some fabric really soon. My craft room is completely out of control - again - and I am so envious of your neat filing system there - and what a fantastic find you got! That is just awesome!
Old 07-20-2010, 10:45 AM

QBeth:

Awesome shelf for storage and beautiful stash!

Did you know that we're neighbors?

Knock, knock? Can I borrow some of your 'blues?' :D
Old 07-20-2010, 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by JenniePenny
QBeth:
Awesome shelf for storage and beautiful stash!
Did you know that we're neighbors?
Knock, knock? Can I borrow some of your 'blues?' :D
How close a neighbor?? NHSOMND, how close are you? You're both in NH. Are you sure neither of you would like the other cabinet? It's not quite like this one in that the dividers move(?) but it's still a great buy. The doctor is in Nashua, right off the Everett Tpk. PM me if you're interested. I know he wants to get rid of it.

As for the blues.... would love to share but I've had in mind some sort of watercolor quilt ever since I saw one at Keepsake Quilting. Sorry, I'm hanging onto my stash for now. Plus, remember those commando kitties I mentioned! :evil:
Old 07-20-2010, 11:17 AM

That's fantastic! Now I have to figure out what the ruler method is! LOL! :thumbup:
Old 07-20-2010, 11:20 AM

Just kidding - I won't mess with those commando kitties! Plus I'm the kind of neighbor who is more likely to leave little bundles of surprise fabric for you outside your door or on your porch, etc.

Thanks for being willing to share the information on the doctor's office. I need to decline. I have a great sewing room which is just perfect for me with fairly new cabinets also. My sewing room is in a basement with low ceilings.

However, if you're interested in selling your first storage cart with the wire shelves, my husband would be interested in that for the garage.
I hope someone can buy and use the other one from the doctor's office!
Old 07-20-2010, 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by JenniePenny
Just kidding - I won't mess with those commando kitties! Plus I'm the kind of neighbor who is more likely to leave little bundles of surprise fabric for you outside your door or on your porch, etc.
However, if you're interested in selling your first storage cart with the wire shelves, my husband would be interested in that for the garage.
I hope someone can buy and use the other one from the doctor's office!
Ditto on being the type to leave little presents on your doorstop! In fact, I'm waiting for a Joann's order to arrive so I can share the wealth with someone on the Board. It was over two weeks before I saw the debit from my bank account. Boy, they're slow!

As for the shelving unit your husband can use, that is definitely being reused at my place!! However, I bought it at BJs a couple of years ago (they're called baker shelves) for a very decent price (can't remember how much but under $100?). He might find them at BJs or one of the other warehouse stores.
Old 07-20-2010, 12:30 PM

Very nice! You've about got it full to the brim, plus it just fits flush with the light switch. How's that for perfect?!
Old 07-20-2010, 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by weezie
Very nice! You've about got it full to the brim, plus it just fits flush with the light switch. How's that for perfect?!
Yes, it just fits! Big relief. I'd measured but wasn't too sure how it would fit; i.e., the ceiling slopes to a hip wall because my house is a Cape Cod.
Old 07-20-2010, 12:34 PM

Great storage unit!! I have a metal cart just like yours that I got from a restaurant auction. While I love how sturdy it is and that I can move it easily if needed, the shelves are deep and sometimes hard to find things. You came up with the perfect solution!!!