Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Antique quilt >

Antique quilt

Antique quilt

Old 01-09-2011, 02:40 PM

A friend of my just came to work on my car. I'm a widow and a empty-nester. It's like 20-something degrees out. I am an apartment-dweller. So they had to work outside. They pull out a sheet of card-board and then this gorgeous ANTIGUE QUILT, and throw it on the ground to work on my car. You should have heard my reaction. My neigbors look out. It was hand pieced and hand quilted by their grandmother. I am quessing anywhere around the 1920's. This idiot is misusing this precious keepsake. My last words to them was have it professionally cleaned and put on a bed or hand it on a wall, but stop misusing it. It was a gorgeous quilt.
Old 01-09-2011, 02:56 PM

You should have ran out with an old rug, a pot of coffee and cookies and traded!!!! Most men will do almost anything for
caffeine and sugared treats.
Old 01-09-2011, 03:03 PM

I see beautiful quilts frequently thrown across windshields during snowy weather here. It really sickens me!! :thumbdown: :thumbdown:
Old 01-09-2011, 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by Ramona Byrd
You should have ran out with an old rug, a pot of coffee and cookies and traded!!!! Most men will do almost anything for
Thanks that will help out in the future. The first peach cobbler that I make for the season, I will have to ditcker with them for that quilt.
Old 01-09-2011, 03:22 PM

So true!...........they would have traded without even blinking an eye..LOL
Old 01-09-2011, 05:12 PM

When my aunt passed away a couple of years ago, my cousins (read male and unmarried) had gone through her house to close it down. They invited my father and I to come over and pick out anything we wanted before a yard sale. To my shock there was a pile of about six quilts so I asked the boys what they were going to do with them. They confirmed that they didn't want them and were going to the sale and that I could have them....I haven't run that fast with anything in a long time.....They went home with me. I did give my mother a couple for her mountain house.

Several I know for sure were made by my grandmother. One was a pink sailboat that my father owns a matching blue sailboat (made in the 50s). I have plans for the pair to be passed on to my two daughters now.
Old 01-09-2011, 05:18 PM

I bet they had no idea what they had. Some very loving men have no clue probably thought it was store bought. Poor things I wish I had seen their face when you yelled :)
Old 01-09-2011, 06:48 PM

I got a real laugh out of your comment Ramona...and your are probably right! lol
Old 01-09-2011, 06:49 PM
Google Goddess

that is terrible, you need to rescue the quilt
Old 01-09-2011, 07:24 PM
Power Poster

:lol: :lol: :lol: And those men probably would of thought they got the better end of the deal!