Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Any super sales on batting? >
  • Any super sales on batting?

• Any super sales on batting?

Old 11-27-2015, 10:53 AM

Amazon has Warm & Natural 40 yd bolt for $224. Best price I could find compared to JA or Hancocks.
    Old 11-27-2015, 10:58 AM

I get my Hobbs 80/20 from my LA dealer
    Old 11-27-2015, 02:06 PM

I recently decided to try a roll of Pellon cotton white batting from Walmart. I bought white which was a couple of dollars more than the natural because I often use a lot of white in my quilts. The bolt/roll is 9 yards long and about 90" wide and was only $38! I also bought a 20 ounce can of 505 spray to get the order slightly over $50 to get free shipping to my house. Both arrived within the week, even though the website quoted a 2 week delivery date. I have used the Pellon once and pre washed it and used it in a baby quilt and it held up really well. So far seems like a really good deal for the price, especially with home delivery.
    Old 11-27-2015, 03:22 PM
    Power Poster

Was it Pellon's Quilter's Touch? Here it is online (along with others) at Walmart.com:
    http://www.walmart.com/search/?query=batting

Usually you can either have an order sent to your nearest Walmart or (for a certain size order) have it delivered to your home. I have done it both ways (not with batting) and had it work out well.

Edit: Oops! I see the Pellon's is 90" wide and 9 yards.

Edit2: Further down is the Pellon 60" wide and 20 yards, but it's $50 at Walmart.
    Old 11-27-2015, 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by Prism99
    Was it Pellon's Quilter's Touch? Here it is online (along with others) at Walmart.com:

Usually you can either have an order sent to your nearest Walmart or (for a certain size order) have it delivered to your home. I have done it both ways (not with batting) and had it work out well.

Edit: Oops! I see the Pellon's is 90" wide and 9 yards.

Edit2: Further down is the Pellon 60" wide and 20 yards, but it's $50 at Walmart.
    Yes it was the Pellon Quilter's Touch. I was all excited with the beginning of your email but then I kept reading. Darn.
    Old 11-27-2015, 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by Jeanne S
    I recently decided to try a roll of Pellon cotton white batting from Walmart. I bought white which was a couple of dollars more than the natural because I often use a lot of white in my quilts. The bolt/roll is 9 yards long and about 90" wide and was only $38! I also bought a 20 ounce can of 505 spray to get the order slightly over $50 to get free shipping to my house. Both arrived within the week, even though the website quoted a 2 week delivery date. I have used the Pellon once and pre washed it and used it in a baby quilt and it held up really well. So far seems like a really good deal for the price, especially with home delivery.
    I may try that. It seems like a very good price. Thanks for pointing it out!
    Old 11-27-2015, 04:56 PM

FYI. Just got a Joann's flyer, Nov 29. - Dec 2. - Notions are 60% off with the coupon.
    Old 11-27-2015, 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by Prism99

no, Prism99 your link is to a Pellon polyester batting. What I bought was Pellon 100% Cotton Batting With Scrim, and it is 96" wide (not 90" as I stated earlier and 9 yards long. I just checked on the Walmart site and it is now showing up at $40.16, item #GB-96)

Last edited by Jeanne S; 11-27-2015 at 06:22 PM.
    Old 11-27-2015, 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by KenmoreGal2
    Last year at this time I bought a roll of poly batting at JoAnn's. It wasn't high quality stuff but it was ok for my needs. I got a roll 60" wide x 20 yards long for $30 and they let me use a 15% coupon on top of that. I ordered it online and they shipped it right to my house.

Through the year I've watched that batting and the price rose to $50. I was hoping it would drop again but now JoAnn's does not even carry it anymore.

Has anyone found any other super sales on batting?
    Walmart has the Quilters Touch, 90 inches by 9 yards for under $30, free pickup at your local store. I get about 3 queen size quilts of this size. I check in on Joanns every so often, but didn't see any outstanding deals this year.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Pellon-Qui...-Wide/38570721
    Serita
    Old 11-28-2015, 05:07 AM

Hancock has a very good price - 50% off plus a 15% coupon - all batting. Might just be for a day or two now.