Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Any super sales on batting?

Any super sales on batting?

Last year at this time I bought a roll of poly batting at JoAnn's. It wasn't high quality stuff but it was ok for my needs. I got a roll 60" wide x 20 yards long for $30 and they let me use a 15% coupon on top of that. I ordered it online and they shipped it right to my house.

Through the year I've watched that batting and the price rose to $50. I was hoping it would drop again but now JoAnn's does not even carry it anymore.

Has anyone found any other super sales on batting?

I have been searching too. I got an 20% off @ Hancock of Paducah. Disappointed in JAF sale for this weekend. Notions were only 40% off. Free shipping from Fabric Shack this weekend.
    A Good Friend, like an old quilt, is both a Treasure and a Comfort

Blog Entries
    Yeah, I also got that batting last year. I think it was a special buy or introductory offer or something. I'm not a big fan of poly batting, but was pleasantly surprised by this one. JoAnn's still carries it, but now it's $50.
    http://www.joann.com/pellon-siliconi...prefv1=Product
    All their batting is half off.
    "I do not understand how anyone can live without one small place of enchantment to turn to."
    Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    WAs disappointed also regarding JoAnn's but 40% is better than nothng
    Quote Originally Posted by ManiacQuilter2 View Post
    I have been searching too. I got an 20% off @ Hancock of Paducah. Disappointed in JAF sale for this weekend. Notions were only 40% off. Free shipping from Fabric Shack this weekend.

Did you try a batting search on their website? It may not be on sale right now but several times a year they will put batting at 50 off and have free shipping. So if you are patient, you may find it.

ro
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    cant believe they let you use a coupon. usually everything is on sale and ya cant use a coupon

I'm on the same page here! My big roll is about gone and thought I might 'need' some before I really need it and then the price is more and not on sale!
    -Teri from Minne-sn*w-ta

Quote Originally Posted by toverly View Post
    Did you try a batting search on their website? It may not be on sale right now but several times a year they will put batting at 50 off and have free shipping. So if you are patient, you may find it.
    Yes, I've been checking all year. Last year it was "regular priced" $99 and on sale for $30. All year it's been "regular priced" $99 and on sale for $50. So even it batting is 50% off, it's already technically 50% off. I check every few weeks. Darn....

To reply to ro's comment - I was also surprised I could use a coupon since it was technically "on sale" at the time. Plus they gave free shipping. I guess it was the deal of a lifetime. I should have bought two.

If you are a Joann VIP member (free if you belong to AQS or other quilting organization), you get an additional 10% off on top of the sale price -- only certain salespeople in certain stores will let you combine that with a coupon, but it is valid on all regular, sale-price & clearance items.

Banned
    Try looking at Walmart.com they carry Pellon battings by the bolt. Better prices than JoAnns, even with a coupon.

Cari

Blog Entries
    Amazon has Warm & Natural 40 yd bolt for $224. Best price I could find compared to JA or Hancocks.

I get my Hobbs 80/20 from my LA dealer

I recently decided to try a roll of Pellon cotton white batting from Walmart. I bought white which was a couple of dollars more than the natural because I often use a lot of white in my quilts. The bolt/roll is 9 yards long and about 90" wide and was only $38! I also bought a 20 ounce can of 505 spray to get the order slightly over $50 to get free shipping to my house. Both arrived within the week, even though the website quoted a 2 week delivery date. I have used the Pellon once and pre washed it and used it in a baby quilt and it held up really well. So far seems like a really good deal for the price, especially with home delivery.
    I just want to spend the rest of my life laughing.

Blog Entries
    Was it Pellon's Quilter's Touch? Here it is online (along with others) at Walmart.com:
    http://www.walmart.com/search/?query=batting

Usually you can either have an order sent to your nearest Walmart or (for a certain size order) have it delivered to your home. I have done it both ways (not with batting) and had it work out well.

Edit: Oops! I see the Pellon's is 90" wide and 9 yards.

Edit2: Further down is the Pellon 60" wide and 20 yards, but it's $50 at Walmart.

Quote Originally Posted by Prism99 View Post
    Was it Pellon's Quilter's Touch? Here it is online (along with others) at Walmart.com:

Usually you can either have an order sent to your nearest Walmart or (for a certain size order) have it delivered to your home. I have done it both ways (not with batting) and had it work out well.

Edit: Oops! I see the Pellon's is 90" wide and 9 yards.

Edit2: Further down is the Pellon 60" wide and 20 yards, but it's $50 at Walmart.
    Yes it was the Pellon Quilter's Touch. I was all excited with the beginning of your email but then I kept reading. Darn.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanne S View Post
    I recently decided to try a roll of Pellon cotton white batting from Walmart. I bought white which was a couple of dollars more than the natural because I often use a lot of white in my quilts. The bolt/roll is 9 yards long and about 90" wide and was only $38! I also bought a 20 ounce can of 505 spray to get the order slightly over $50 to get free shipping to my house. Both arrived within the week, even though the website quoted a 2 week delivery date. I have used the Pellon once and pre washed it and used it in a baby quilt and it held up really well. So far seems like a really good deal for the price, especially with home delivery.
    I may try that. It seems like a very good price. Thanks for pointing it out!

FYI. Just got a Joann's flyer, Nov 29. - Dec 2. - Notions are 60% off with the coupon.
    Happy Quilting Grandma of 15, 3 Greats

Quote Originally Posted by Prism99 View Post

no, Prism99 your link is to a Pellon polyester batting. What I bought was Pellon 100% Cotton Batting With Scrim, and it is 96" wide (not 90" as I stated earlier and 9 yards long. I just checked on the Walmart site and it is now showing up at $40.16, item #GB-96)
    Last edited by Jeanne S; 11-27-2015 at 06:22 PM.
    I just want to spend the rest of my life laughing.

Quote Originally Posted by KenmoreGal2 View Post
    Last year at this time I bought a roll of poly batting at JoAnn's. It wasn't high quality stuff but it was ok for my needs. I got a roll 60" wide x 20 yards long for $30 and they let me use a 15% coupon on top of that. I ordered it online and they shipped it right to my house.

Through the year I've watched that batting and the price rose to $50. I was hoping it would drop again but now JoAnn's does not even carry it anymore.

Has anyone found any other super sales on batting?
    Walmart has the Quilters Touch, 90 inches by 9 yards for under $30, free pickup at your local store. I get about 3 queen size quilts of this size. I check in on Joanns every so often, but didn't see any outstanding deals this year.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Pellon-Qui...-Wide/38570721
    Serita

Hancock has a very good price - 50% off plus a 15% coupon - all batting. Might just be for a day or two now.

Blog Entries
    At Joanns, you can't use a coupon off on a coupon item - but, read the 20% or 25% off total purchase coupons carefully. Often they will say on all regular or sale price items. So, if item is 60% off on sale, you may also use your total purchase coupon. But especially this time of year, read the email coupons carefully. If an item says online sales only - it is online only. Normally a sale price is good in store or online - but this time of year that does not apply. This is the same with most retailers because of the holiday sales. Bottom line is to read the coupons carefully and save yourself a hassle.

The batting that I'd been watching on Joann's has dropped to $39.99. So far I can't use a coupon on that price and there is a $4 shipping charge too. I'll see if there are any special deals tomorrow, Cyber Monday.

I'm still considering the Walmart batting that Jeanne recommended.

As an aside - last year before I bought the batting at JAF I compared prices at Walmart. At the time they offered a roll 96" x 9 yards for $20.33. Now the least expensive roll is $27.66 and it's only 90" wide. Has batting gone up a lot in general or am I just finding oddities?

Banned
    Walmarts prices fluctuate. For the things I use a lot of(batting, stabilizers, ect.) I watch for price roll backs and stock up then.

Cari

It's Cyber Monday. Have any of you bumped into any good sales? I haven't yet but will post if I do.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast