Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 53

Thread: Any super sales on batting?

  1. #1
    Super Member KenmoreGal2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Victorian Sweatshop Forum
    Posts
    1,196

    Any super sales on batting?

    Last year at this time I bought a roll of poly batting at JoAnn's. It wasn't high quality stuff but it was ok for my needs. I got a roll 60" wide x 20 yards long for $30 and they let me use a 15% coupon on top of that. I ordered it online and they shipped it right to my house.

    Through the year I've watched that batting and the price rose to $50. I was hoping it would drop again but now JoAnn's does not even carry it anymore.

    Has anyone found any other super sales on batting?

  2. #2
    Power Poster ManiacQuilter2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    18,938
    I have been searching too. I got an 20% off @ Hancock of Paducah. Disappointed in JAF sale for this weekend. Notions were only 40% off. Free shipping from Fabric Shack this weekend.
    A Good Friend, like an old quilt, is both a Treasure and a Comfort

  3. #3
    Power Poster PaperPrincess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    11,157
    Blog Entries
    2
    Yeah, I also got that batting last year. I think it was a special buy or introductory offer or something. I'm not a big fan of poly batting, but was pleasantly surprised by this one. JoAnn's still carries it, but now it's $50.
    http://www.joann.com/pellon-siliconi...prefv1=Product
    All their batting is half off.
    "I do not understand how anyone can live without one small place of enchantment to turn to."
    Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings

  4. #4
    Power Poster
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Posts
    15,971
    Blog Entries
    3
    WAs disappointed also regarding JoAnn's but 40% is better than nothng
    Quote Originally Posted by ManiacQuilter2 View Post
    I have been searching too. I got an 20% off @ Hancock of Paducah. Disappointed in JAF sale for this weekend. Notions were only 40% off. Free shipping from Fabric Shack this weekend.

  5. #5
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    4,396
    Did you try a batting search on their website? It may not be on sale right now but several times a year they will put batting at 50 off and have free shipping. So if you are patient, you may find it.

  6. #6
    ro
    ro is offline
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    West Islip, NY
    Posts
    657
    Blog Entries
    1
    cant believe they let you use a coupon. usually everything is on sale and ya cant use a coupon

  7. #7
    Senior Member crafty-kid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Chisago City, Minne-snow-ta
    Posts
    301
    I'm on the same page here! My big roll is about gone and thought I might 'need' some before I really need it and then the price is more and not on sale!
    -Teri from Minne-sn*w-ta

  8. #8
    Super Member KenmoreGal2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Victorian Sweatshop Forum
    Posts
    1,196
    Quote Originally Posted by toverly View Post
    Did you try a batting search on their website? It may not be on sale right now but several times a year they will put batting at 50 off and have free shipping. So if you are patient, you may find it.
    Yes, I've been checking all year. Last year it was "regular priced" $99 and on sale for $30. All year it's been "regular priced" $99 and on sale for $50. So even it batting is 50% off, it's already technically 50% off. I check every few weeks. Darn....

    To reply to ro's comment - I was also surprised I could use a coupon since it was technically "on sale" at the time. Plus they gave free shipping. I guess it was the deal of a lifetime. I should have bought two.

  9. #9
    Super Member Bree123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    2,138
    If you are a Joann VIP member (free if you belong to AQS or other quilting organization), you get an additional 10% off on top of the sale price -- only certain salespeople in certain stores will let you combine that with a coupon, but it is valid on all regular, sale-price & clearance items.

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Victorian Sweatshop Forum
    Posts
    4,098
    Try looking at Walmart.com they carry Pellon battings by the bolt. Better prices than JoAnns, even with a coupon.

    Cari

  11. #11
    Super Member hairquilt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    1,663
    Blog Entries
    3
    Amazon has Warm & Natural 40 yd bolt for $224. Best price I could find compared to JA or Hancocks.

  12. #12
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    2,642
    I get my Hobbs 80/20 from my LA dealer

  13. #13
    Super Member Jeanne S's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Tulsa, Ok
    Posts
    4,146
    I recently decided to try a roll of Pellon cotton white batting from Walmart. I bought white which was a couple of dollars more than the natural because I often use a lot of white in my quilts. The bolt/roll is 9 yards long and about 90" wide and was only $38! I also bought a 20 ounce can of 505 spray to get the order slightly over $50 to get free shipping to my house. Both arrived within the week, even though the website quoted a 2 week delivery date. I have used the Pellon once and pre washed it and used it in a baby quilt and it held up really well. So far seems like a really good deal for the price, especially with home delivery.
    I just want to spend the rest of my life laughing.

  14. #14
    Power Poster Prism99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Western Wisconsin
    Posts
    12,953
    Blog Entries
    1
    Was it Pellon's Quilter's Touch? Here it is online (along with others) at Walmart.com:
    http://www.walmart.com/search/?query=batting

    Usually you can either have an order sent to your nearest Walmart or (for a certain size order) have it delivered to your home. I have done it both ways (not with batting) and had it work out well.

    Edit: Oops! I see the Pellon's is 90" wide and 9 yards.

    Edit2: Further down is the Pellon 60" wide and 20 yards, but it's $50 at Walmart.

  15. #15
    Super Member KenmoreGal2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Victorian Sweatshop Forum
    Posts
    1,196
    Quote Originally Posted by Prism99 View Post
    Was it Pellon's Quilter's Touch? Here it is online (along with others) at Walmart.com:
    http://www.walmart.com/search/?query=batting

    Usually you can either have an order sent to your nearest Walmart or (for a certain size order) have it delivered to your home. I have done it both ways (not with batting) and had it work out well.

    Edit: Oops! I see the Pellon's is 90" wide and 9 yards.

    Edit2: Further down is the Pellon 60" wide and 20 yards, but it's $50 at Walmart.
    Yes it was the Pellon Quilter's Touch. I was all excited with the beginning of your email but then I kept reading. Darn.

  16. #16
    Super Member KenmoreGal2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Victorian Sweatshop Forum
    Posts
    1,196
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeanne S View Post
    I recently decided to try a roll of Pellon cotton white batting from Walmart. I bought white which was a couple of dollars more than the natural because I often use a lot of white in my quilts. The bolt/roll is 9 yards long and about 90" wide and was only $38! I also bought a 20 ounce can of 505 spray to get the order slightly over $50 to get free shipping to my house. Both arrived within the week, even though the website quoted a 2 week delivery date. I have used the Pellon once and pre washed it and used it in a baby quilt and it held up really well. So far seems like a really good deal for the price, especially with home delivery.
    I may try that. It seems like a very good price. Thanks for pointing it out!

  17. #17
    Senior Member Quilting Grandma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    452
    FYI. Just got a Joann's flyer, Nov 29. - Dec 2. - Notions are 60% off with the coupon.
    Happy Quilting Grandma of 15, 3 Greats

  18. #18
    Super Member Jeanne S's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Tulsa, Ok
    Posts
    4,146
    Quote Originally Posted by Prism99 View Post
    Was it Pellon's Quilter's Touch? Here it is online (along with others) at Walmart.com:
    http://www.walmart.com/search/?query=batting

    Usually you can either have an order sent to your nearest Walmart or (for a certain size order) have it delivered to your home. I have done it both ways (not with batting) and had it work out well.
    .
    no, Prism99 your link is to a Pellon polyester batting. What I bought was Pellon 100% Cotton Batting With Scrim, and it is 96" wide (not 90" as I stated earlier and 9 yards long. I just checked on the Walmart site and it is now showing up at $40.16, item #GB-96)
    Last edited by Jeanne S; 11-27-2015 at 06:22 PM.
    I just want to spend the rest of my life laughing.

  19. #19
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    2,199
    Quote Originally Posted by KenmoreGal2 View Post
    Last year at this time I bought a roll of poly batting at JoAnn's. It wasn't high quality stuff but it was ok for my needs. I got a roll 60" wide x 20 yards long for $30 and they let me use a 15% coupon on top of that. I ordered it online and they shipped it right to my house.

    Through the year I've watched that batting and the price rose to $50. I was hoping it would drop again but now JoAnn's does not even carry it anymore.

    Has anyone found any other super sales on batting?
    Walmart has the Quilters Touch, 90 inches by 9 yards for under $30, free pickup at your local store. I get about 3 queen size quilts of this size. I check in on Joanns every so often, but didn't see any outstanding deals this year.

    http://www.walmart.com/ip/Pellon-Qui...-Wide/38570721
    Serita

  20. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    828
    Hancock has a very good price - 50% off plus a 15% coupon - all batting. Might just be for a day or two now.

  21. #21
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,783
    Blog Entries
    1
    At Joanns, you can't use a coupon off on a coupon item - but, read the 20% or 25% off total purchase coupons carefully. Often they will say on all regular or sale price items. So, if item is 60% off on sale, you may also use your total purchase coupon. But especially this time of year, read the email coupons carefully. If an item says online sales only - it is online only. Normally a sale price is good in store or online - but this time of year that does not apply. This is the same with most retailers because of the holiday sales. Bottom line is to read the coupons carefully and save yourself a hassle.

  22. #22
    Super Member KenmoreGal2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Victorian Sweatshop Forum
    Posts
    1,196
    The batting that I'd been watching on Joann's has dropped to $39.99. So far I can't use a coupon on that price and there is a $4 shipping charge too. I'll see if there are any special deals tomorrow, Cyber Monday.

    I'm still considering the Walmart batting that Jeanne recommended.

  23. #23
    Super Member KenmoreGal2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Victorian Sweatshop Forum
    Posts
    1,196
    As an aside - last year before I bought the batting at JAF I compared prices at Walmart. At the time they offered a roll 96" x 9 yards for $20.33. Now the least expensive roll is $27.66 and it's only 90" wide. Has batting gone up a lot in general or am I just finding oddities?

  24. #24
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Victorian Sweatshop Forum
    Posts
    4,098
    Walmarts prices fluctuate. For the things I use a lot of(batting, stabilizers, ect.) I watch for price roll backs and stock up then.

    Cari

  25. #25
    Super Member KenmoreGal2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Victorian Sweatshop Forum
    Posts
    1,196
    It's Cyber Monday. Have any of you bumped into any good sales? I haven't yet but will post if I do.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.