Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Anyone been to Joann's >

Anyone been to Joann's

Anyone been to Joann's

Old 11-10-2010, 08:01 AM

Catrancher, Thanks for sharing. I have said that all my life and did not where it came from. Knew it was a bunch though.LOL
Old 11-10-2010, 08:03 AM

Love when Jo-Ann's has their sales, but as many have said you do have to watch the quality. If I am making a quilt for a child that is going to see some rough and tough duty I don't use top quality. Lately I have, to my dismay, started becoming a fabric "snob." I love Windham, Makower, RJR and Markham. Have recently purchased some panels that are gorgeous, now to find the hours in the day to do something with them. Found some Windham "Hanky" fabric on Ebay at a fantastic price and it is beautiful. I never thought of Ebay for fabric, but there it was.
Old 11-10-2010, 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by perry
Our Joanns opened in Aug. I signed up for coupons still no coupons . I will not go back untill I start getting coupons in the mail!!!!!!!!. Just had to say it
Hey Perry, I am in the same boat as you..I signed up to get mailed coupons/book months ago..Then I went back and signed up again- still no coupons...Then I went to joann.com and wrote them a quick email complaining ( I was immediately sent 2 coupons in the mail in a reg white envelope lol..But still no book in the mail....
Then my cousin called them and they said there had been a major computor crash of some sort = addys had been lost..And gave the main phone # to call to rectify this....Which now I can't find the number lol...But, heads up, you may need to look into it..
Old 11-10-2010, 09:51 AM

Booklet? I only recieve sales flyers. Am I missing something here?
Old 11-10-2010, 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by craftiladi
Booklet? I only recieve sales flyers. Am I missing something here?
I haven't heard about a booklet. Have only received flyers. Happy to meet another "fabricholic", my other passion is bead weaving so I have a bead stash and a fabric stash. My husband maintains that the house is slowly settling into the ground with all the extra weight.
Old 11-10-2010, 10:26 AM

Lots of fabric sales this time of the year because all the new stuff ordered from Houston will be showing up soon and the stores need the room.
Old 11-10-2010, 10:44 AM

I was just at joanns yesterday looking for thread. Some sales but not like yours, Last week they had a good one though a lot of 40% off, but I didn't see any $3. or $4. lots. I did get a bunch of fall colors to make a quilt. I love the oranges, rusts, etc.
Old 11-10-2010, 11:00 AM

The LA Times today said that that the price of cotton had gone up 100% in the last year and that should translate into a 30% increase in prices after the first of the year. I have to get out there and do some serious shopping for jeans!
Old 11-10-2010, 12:18 PM
Dee

I heard that anything cotton is going up.
Old 11-10-2010, 03:07 PM

Hi my name is tumrub I went to joann's last week & picked up about 6 pieces of pink ribbon material to make myself a breast cancer quilt.WOW what great prices.