Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Anyone doing the My Tweets BOM? >

Anyone doing the My Tweets BOM?

Anyone doing the My Tweets BOM?

Old 04-02-2011, 07:30 AM

How does one join this block of the month and how do i receive the past blocks red
Old 04-02-2011, 07:37 AM

Originally Posted by the red wyoming rose
How does one join this block of the month and how do i receive the past blocks red
Follow the link above in BeeNana's post, it will take you to all three blocks that have been posted so far. The large center block costs $10 on her Etsy site if you want to get it, the others are free.
Old 04-02-2011, 08:11 AM

When I first looked I thought, I can't do this it applique.
But after reading everyone's remarks, I see there are different ways of doing applique, so I'm going to give it a try.

Thank you for sharing this site.
Old 04-02-2011, 08:14 AM

I love that fabric. It will be perfect. With all this talk I hope I don't start another project.....
What are you going to use for your background fabric?

Originally Posted by pittsburgpam
I've read it over and over and I cannot find the list that I did the first night I stumbled upon the blog. It came up with a file and it listed every fabric, by name, collection, color, etc. I should have printed or saved it but I had just started looking at the BOM and it was RIGHT THERE. It had fabrics from Me & My Sister Favorites, etc. Maybe it was for Florabund, I don't know.

I don't guess it matters that much since I will use what goes with my focal fabric which is Michael Miller Birds of Norway. I scrolled through collection after collection at several sites, including Fat Quarter Shop, and this is one of the few that had a design I liked and lots of colors.

Strange to have printed birds on a bird applique but I am hoping that I can get at least the flower pot center cut out of an area without prominently showing a bird.
Old 04-02-2011, 08:21 AM

I've also downloaded all the blocks, but I've been hesitant to start because I really love her fabric choices and haven't found the fabrics anywhere. Pam, please let us know how you like or not the dissolvable paper. I think you could also use the dissolvable foundation (paper piecing) paper that I saw for sale at Joannes....
Old 04-02-2011, 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by Veronica
When I first looked I thought, I can't do this it applique.
But after reading everyone's remarks, I see there are different ways of doing applique, so I'm going to give it a try.

Thank you for sharing this site.
There are a bunch of posts on her blog for technique with freezer paper. I've done it that way several times and it is so much better than any other I've tried so far.
Old 04-02-2011, 08:29 AM

It might be the same thing as far as I know. I got 5 yards and it's just a roll of 18" wide or so with no identifying package.

It's like a stiff non-woven interfacing.

Originally Posted by Candace
I've also downloaded all the blocks, but I've been hesitant to start because I really love her fabric choices and haven't found the fabrics anywhere. Pam, please let us know how you like or not the dissolvable paper. I think you could also use the dissolvable foundation (paper piecing) paper that I saw for sale at Joannes....
Old 04-02-2011, 08:32 AM

I ordered Bella Solids in bleached white, 8 yards of it. Fat Quarter Shop has a sale on it with the code 'solids' so it's just $5.20 per yard. I thought of using a beige but I like the clear colors on the white that she is using.

Originally Posted by BeeNana
I love that fabric. It will be perfect. With all this talk I hope I don't start another project.....
What are you going to use for your background fabric?
Old 04-02-2011, 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by BeeNana
Originally Posted by pab58
:cry: :cry: I couldn't get them to download. :cry: :cry: :cry: These are such beautiful blocks, and I would really love to make them. Guess I'm out of luck, huh? :cry:
Go back and try again. Sometimes if there is high traffic on the net you can't get it to download. Also you have to scroll backwards in her site to find the previous blocks for tweets.
She really has an outstanding site with lots of tips and visual help. I don't use her glue technique for applique but I think that she does an outstanding presentation.
Let us know if you continue to have trouble downloading.
I just tried to download the files again, but it still isn't working. :cry: :cry: :cry: I never have trouble downloading PDF files. All I'm getting is a gray screen, and the hourglass stays on for a little bit, goes off and the file states "Done", but there is nothing there. I'm so dissapointed. :-( :cry: I read another post and they couldn't get it to work either. I guess we're just out of luck. Enjoy the BOM everyone. I'll still try from time to time to download the files, but I guess I'll have to sit this one out. :cry: :cry: I'm looking forward to seeing pics of your blocks. :wink:
Old 04-02-2011, 10:50 AM

In regard to Pittsburg Pam's comment:
I think she leaves the blocks up for free for a given time and later charges for them. I have not done the blocks, but I have saved all of them, including block one.
Marcia
Edited: I have saved the blocks but not the center block. I misread PP's comment, and after I re-read the information I have saved, I realized my mistake. Sorry!!