Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Anyone else notice? >

Anyone else notice?

Anyone else notice?

Old 01-25-2013, 07:36 PM

I buy mine on line, sometimes @ Amazon and I can't remember the other website!!! But check other places online!!!!
Old 01-25-2013, 08:45 PM

I had the same experience this week with Joanna's and HeatNBond. The gal that worked there said she was sick about it because she used it all the time. So I went to Hancock's and it was on sale for $2.50 a yard. I asked her if they were going to discontinue it and she said not that she knew of. I bought 3 yards, I think I'll go back and buy some more.
Old 01-26-2013, 03:38 AM

I think I bought my last wonder under at Hobby Lobby. That was in Oct. Not sure about the other brand.
Old 02-01-2013, 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by Lori S View Post
I too share your frustration at not being able to buy Heat and Bond from a bolt at JoAnns. I typically buy a bolt of it every 15 months. Buying it by the package is way too inefficent. I also noticed the pricing of all the bolt interfacings... One type I also purchase by the bolt has more than doubled in price in the last year. It went from $1.99 per yard to $5.99 per yard. I think it all relates back to their coupon gimmicks. I beleive they assume you will be using a coupon.
EXACTLY that is a HUGE price increase and I was stunned! Yes of course I use a coupon but buying online at Joanns doesn't always allow for the discount they are offering, that is frustrating.
Old 02-01-2013, 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by mary123 View Post
What are fabric postcards?
Would love you to post some so we can see them.
Thanks.
Mary here are a few pix of fabric postcards ... sorry that they will show up so large, don't know how to make smaller pix

[ATTACH=CONFIG]392403[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]392400[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]392401[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]392402[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails inge-valentine-hearts.jpg   feb-lottery-pcma.jpg   wendy-laird-australia-6500janome-challenge.jpg   melody-degraziano-autumn-leaves.jpg   kimberley-mitchell-every-stamp-tells-story.jpg  

Old 02-01-2013, 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by Corky View Post
i get all my fusible products at JoAnns using the 40-50% off coupons. I use the Steam A Seam light unless I am looking for a stiffer product. For purses I usually use fusible batting. For embroidery by hand I use a really soft, thin, lightweight fusible fabric (cannot remember the name). Love it though and it prevents your stitches from showing through. I get it at OverRainbow.com. Comes in black and white
If you think of the fusible you use for embroidery, please try and post it here or pm me or do you think I can figure it on on the site you posted? I tried some Pelion this week and really didn't care for it...made my fabric feel thick and rubbery.
Old 02-01-2013, 04:48 PM

Also wanted to add that those postcards are really lovely.
Old 02-01-2013, 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by lots2do View Post
If you think of the fusible you use for embroidery, please try and post it here or pm me or do you think I can figure it on on the site you posted? I tried some Pelion this week and really didn't care for it...made my fabric feel thick and rubbery.
Corky -does bosal interfacing sound right to you? I found it on overrainbow.com.