Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Is anyone having problems with QB?

have never had that happen before

Check to see how your filters are set - you may want to raise the level a bit. Isn't it maddening when that happens? I've decided to keep a list of companies that advertise so invasively and NOT do business with them... and I intend to let their CEOs know, too.

Your friendly Guerilla Granny.

try google chrome as your browser

Blog Entries
    I use adblock plus for firefox and maybe that's why I'm not getting it. I don't see any ads.

Sounds like you have a trojan on ypur computer. Similar to a virus. They can Hi-Jack your machine.

Quote Originally Posted by sewcrafty
    It seems that everytime I come on lately that I'm getting these things popping up and overriding my page. Then sometimes I'm getting voice overs for commercials that aren't on my page. I've switched from IE to Firefox and its still happening. Soooooo confused as how to rectify this.

Is this happening to anyone else?
    have you done a security update/scan? this really sounds like an issue w/in your pc...esp if you are getting it in both ie and firefox

Blog Entries
    Mine turned out to be a virus. My daughter worked and worked and finally had to reset my computer. So, I am so thankful that she could fix it. Not sure where the virus came from.

That happened to me a couple of months ago. It's not a pop up it's a redirt, very annoying. Run the antivirus and malware programs. I ran them a couple of times and it was still happening. Then all of a sudden it quit.

Blog Entries
    Hi, MsTicky2 is right on. Sounds like you a a virus that's messing with your computer. Better get it cleaned up. just happened to mine.

YES! i am in MASS and it happened once a day for almost a week straight. I have popup blocker and Norton Antivirus and it was still happening. i think it was that MYFACE site somebody else mentioned. I would just be reading responses and scrolling down and all of a sudden that stupid ad would pop up!

nope, no problems at all

Quote Originally Posted by miss_ticky2
    It sounds like you may have either a virus, or some spyware or adware. Run your antivirus and also some anti-spyware and anti-malware programs
    For antispyware/adware/malware I use Superantispyware and Malwarebytes and both are good programs. I would run them both. These are in addition to your antivirus program. They are free to download and use and can be found here :

Superantispyware http://www.superantispyware.com/ click on the free download button

Malwarebytes http://www.malwarebytes.org/ click on the download free version button
    Before you do this make sure your pop up blocker is on. It should take care of your problem if you do and run one of the programs mentioned above. Ask me how I know.

It happened several times last week, but only on one day and not since.

I'm running IE and have never experienced this. Suggest running Ad-Aware or something like it to be sure there isn't a cookie you're not aware of.

Blog Entries
    No issues with me... thank goodness. Those things drive me crazy! I am on IE, have pop-ups blocked, keep my anti-virus software updated and have my laptop scheduled to be scanned on a daily basis. Good luck!!

I have an ad that keeps popping up in the corner of my computer. It mostly happens here. It is a shopping ad that starts with hot.
    I also have plenty of protection so don't know where it is coming from. The only way I can get it off is to close this site.

Once an Iowan, always an Iowan, but now suburban Chicagoland
    Blog Entries
    Some good advice here as in Malwarebytes, excellent free program, Also using Google Chrome as your browser is a great suggestion. TRY IT, YOU WILL LIKE IT. I like that the address bar is the search function = very efficient and you can have lots of tabs open too. I keep IE and Firefox on also. IE because some silly sites only work with IE tho there are very few such sites anymore.

Blog Entries
    You can't delete IE anyway. It's part of the windows operating system (as long as you're using XP or newer).

You may need to set your security settings a little higher to eliminate the pop-ups.

Quote Originally Posted by desertrose
    It seems that everytime I come on lately that I'm getting these things popping up and overriding my page. Then sometimes I'm getting voice overs for commercials that aren't on my page. I've switched from IE to Firefox and its still happening. Soooooo confused as how to rectify this.

Sorry Denise I'm not have any problems with QB or hearing any voices...are you sure it isn't a strange case of cabin fever...LOL :roll:
    Dang I wish this was the case, then I'd know the cure!! LOL

The strange thing is that I normally am on my laptop, well it got dropped and now is no more for the time. So had to go to my back up desktop top which is rarely even on. When I brought up the monster, everything updated automatically through Norton. All of a sudden - bing - same thing as the laptop. My pop-ups are blocked, have run malwarebytes.

Don't know what the problem is, but it is seriously becoming an extreme pain in the lower extremities!!!! LOL

Blog Entries
    I wonder if everyone having this problem has Norton. I have never had more problems with my computer than when I had that. I finally, after a LOT of work, got it removed. They make it so it's nearly impossible to get rid of it. Now whenever we get a new computer the first thing I do is remove Norton (it seems like all the new ones come with it).

There is something going on I think, because Google shut off my mail for a while late afternoon today, apologizing for having to do maintenance...
    also....
    Sometimes, a video clip on a previous page, will keep playing...or even start up....and the sound is kinda spooky,
    but, i don't remember it happening like that in the past.
    also...
    I notice that my cursor is punching through sometimes to the pages underneath, turning ads on, stuff like that...

Quote Originally Posted by gale
    I wonder if everyone having this problem has Norton. I have never had more problems with my computer than when I had that. I finally, after a LOT of work, got it removed. They make it so it's nearly impossible to get rid of it. Now whenever we get a new computer the first thing I do is remove Norton (it seems like all the new ones come with it).
    Perhaps Norton is a target - a challenge- for hackers and virus makers?

The strange thing is that I normally am on my laptop, well it got dropped and now is no more for the time. So had to go to my back up desktop top which is rarely even on. When I brought up the monster, everything updated automatically through Norton. All of a sudden - bing - same thing as the laptop. My pop-ups are blocked, have run malwarebytes.

Don't know what the problem is, but it is seriously becoming an extreme pain in the lower extremities!!!! LOL
    Its a pain allright, but it is not hard to unblock your pop ups. Ask "Tools" or "How to......?"

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast