Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Anyone made a purple quilt? >

Anyone made a purple quilt?

Anyone made a purple quilt?

Old 04-27-2010, 09:09 AM

I made 3 purple strip quilts. I was only going for 1 but ended up with so much left over that I wound up with 3 (2 big and 1 baby quilt size). I used Bonnie Hunter's pattern Strip Twist found on her website: www.quiltville.com.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-12841.jpe  
Old 04-27-2010, 09:21 AM

I made a nice purple quilt using the tube method that was posted by Craftybear? Arranged it in the double hourglass pattern. I am not usually a purple person but it turned out nice
dottie.
Old 04-27-2010, 10:10 AM

Well here is old noisy again. Purple is great. I have made three purple quilts. One was a log cabin. Since I hand quilt mostly in the ditch that was a hard one but my daughter-in-law took it. The next one was one of those puzzle quilts. I believe it was the Dutchman's Puzzle and Contrary Wife. Can't spell as usual. Don't know where the book is that I got that pattern out of. But it was a beautiful quilt, if you didn't look for the mistakes.
The third one was the best. Trail to Oregon. You use about 25 different prints of purple and white. I sold that one, but just for the price of the material I had in it. To one of my daughters-in-law's mother. Purple can be so pretty and don't forget the Purple and Red Hat ladies. I am going to join them one of these days. I forgot that my first purple quilt was Carpenters Wheel. That was a toughie. All those points in one place. Now I know how to take care of that but then I didn't.
Henriellen in Alabama
Old 04-27-2010, 10:12 AM

Hi Diannia, That is a beautiful strip quilt. You could do that in any color couldn't you? But I do like the purple. Thank you for showing us.
Henri
Old 04-27-2010, 11:10 AM

Such wonderful purple quilts! My head is buzzing with ideas, and I want to do all of them! Decisions, decisions!! I love them all.
Old 04-27-2010, 12:00 PM
Nzm

I just made a mystery quilt which was mainly purple with a light blue as contrast and had a pinkish lavendar shade in it also.. Ill try and post a picture of it..I love purple
Old 04-27-2010, 12:23 PM

Here's my husbands !! He picked out ALL the fabric , I chose the pattern !!! He uses it every night !!
Attached Thumbnails attachment-13216.jpe   attachment-13217.jpe  
Old 04-27-2010, 01:09 PM

FANTASTIC photo!
Old 04-27-2010, 01:32 PM

Dina,

This month at "Allpeoplequilt.com" they have a special article on purple quilts.
Old 04-27-2010, 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by Henriellen Kibler
Hi Diannia, That is a beautiful strip quilt. You could do that in any color couldn't you? But I do like the purple. Thank you for showing us.
Henri
Yes, you could do it in any colorway. It was done as a scrappy in the original with all different colors. I made mine purple for my mom. She's in a nursing home w/Alzheimers. Her favorite flower is Lilacs so I decided to do it in purple and call it Lilac Love. I hand quilted it using the big stitch technique w/verigated purple floss. I used a flower template for the quilting design then created my own template for the border. It was her full name with flowers on each side of it. I was hoping that by having her name on it it would stay with her better. I know how things can often get misplaced in a Nursing Home especially w/Alzheimers patients. My sister-in-law does all her laundry and only takes her the quilt occasionally. She said she's afraid it will "walk away" and wants me to have it when the time comes. I told her I'd rather my mom got to use it and if it walks then it walks. Oh well.