Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Anyone remember "quilt in  a pocket" >

Anyone remember "quilt in a pocket"

Anyone remember "quilt in a pocket"

Old 04-21-2010, 06:58 PM

that is a quillow last year they sold like hotcakes at a craft show i was at there are lots of patterns for them on the web
Old 04-21-2010, 07:00 PM

I had a crochet pattern that did this but not a quilting one. I would love to see one!
Old 04-21-2010, 07:31 PM

Hi, Just google "Quillo instructions" and you should be able to get several sites with free instructions. Good Luck.
Old 04-21-2010, 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by Joeysnana
Does anyone remember how to make a "quilt in a pocket?" It is from the 80s. I think you made a lap quilt and sewed a block on the front in which you left one side of the block unsewn. Then you folded up the quilt and stuffed it inside of the block thereby creating a pillow. I need to make one for my granddaughter but can't recall how to do it exactly. Anyone remember these?
What you describe is called a "Quillow". The pattern is avail. so I suggest you do a search forit.
Old 04-21-2010, 08:31 PM

Here is another Quillow webpage at http://www.quickquilts.com

The pattern page for Kitty Quillow is.....

http://www.quickquilts.com/patterns/...s.html?idx=277
Old 04-21-2010, 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by dawn payne
I made several "quillows" years ago. If I remember correctly, it's like someone else mentioned. I made the patchwork top first.Then decided how big the finished quilt would be. I figured out measurements a bit larger than 1/3 of the width, & about 1/4 of the length to make an independent "pocket". I attached the pocket to the backing (centering it a few inches above the lower edge of the quilt). Put right sides together, stitch, leaving an opening just below the pocket. Stitch opening, tie or quilt body as you choose. Hope I've explained it well enough, as it has been many years. Have fun!

Because of my arthritis I made my outer pocket with a sorta like accordion fold on the sides to make it easier for me to put back together. Otherwise I'd have to find a neighbor or friend to refold it and put it in the pocket. Not fun asking others when I can plan how I make it.
Old 04-22-2010, 05:13 AM

It is called a "quillow". Google to term as: instructions to make a pillow quilt called a "quillow". See what you get. God bless.
Old 04-22-2010, 05:41 AM

Quick Quilts magazine also had a pattern for that. I am not sure of the issue it was in but if you go online and do a search on their website you should be able to see which one it was in
Old 04-22-2010, 05:58 AM

I remember Quillows too. Looks like an idea that needs reviving. I remember wanting to make one when I first saw the idea (tv sewing show). May give this a try, and best wishes with yours.
Old 04-22-2010, 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by Denise85
Quick Quilts magazine also had a pattern for that. I am not sure of the issue it was in but if you go online and do a search on their website you should be able to see which one it was in
I went to their website and did find the pattern. Thanks. Also, now I have another quilting magazine to become addicted to! Thanks again! :-D