Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Anyone sewing today??? >

Anyone sewing today???

Anyone sewing today???

Old 03-29-2013, 06:37 AM
Power Poster

Working on a quilt for my daughter, but first have to shorten some drapes for her.
Old 03-29-2013, 06:45 AM

I wish I could join you in a day of sewing, at work now, have to start Easter cooking when I get home tonight and finish up on Saturday. HAPPY EASTER!!
Old 03-29-2013, 07:19 AM

I'll be working on my April Sunbonnet Sue so I can hang it for the month and then I have some big stitch quilting to finish a small wall quilt. Can only hope I can do at least a little of the plan-just have to sew binding on Sue so TV watching and sewing here I come!!
Old 03-29-2013, 08:34 AM

no gonna go have breakfast, and go to the hospital to see my friends new baby girl, no sewing
Old 03-29-2013, 10:14 AM

Things I have learned so far today:

1. You should probably oil your sewing machine more often than once every 10 years.

2. If you oil your sewing machine, it stops making funny noises.

3. If your grandmother's fan has 9 blades and you are even a smidge off on a couple of them, your fan will not be square.

4. It would be a bright idea to cut the rest of the square so the side edges are on the straight grain instead of the bias. Even if you're using up ugly old fabric because you just oiled the sewing machine.

5. There is a time in everyone's life for enjoying a hot dog (vegetarian or non). That time is now.
Old 03-29-2013, 11:28 AM

I'm getting ready to start a Quilting Marathon weekend! Had only a half day of work, cleaned out the garage, ate lunch and now I'm ready to quilt, quilt, quilt! Glad you have this thread going so I can report in. ***Nan in Indiana ***who's enter key doesn't want to work right now ***
Old 03-29-2013, 11:35 AM

It is all I have been doing today...hand piecing on a project that is probably twenty yrs old, so hopefully I can see the end of it this yr. And, tying a lap quilt for the senior center. I mowed some of my yard yesterday. Today it has been cloudy and rainy.
Old 03-29-2013, 11:55 AM

And now I can add:

6. A 5-blade fan is a lot more forgiving than a 9-blade. And it is still cute and has the potential to use up lots of smallish bits of fabric.
Old 03-29-2013, 12:31 PM

I will be piecing today on my way to finishing a block. I'm slow as a sloth but I get there!

(It's only my 3rd block)
Old 03-29-2013, 01:00 PM

I did a little bit of everything today. I did some sewing the 1st 1/2of the day, makeing some blocks for this quilting lady friend. Then i sat about 2hrs, and made some liittle safety pin ribbons for our guild's show & tell period of our meeting. Then I cut out the other peice's to make 8 more blocks for the 24 for my lady friend. Now I'm checking out the QB sight. Then I'll go and pin those peices together. And eventually sit down and do some hand quilting on the GFGquilt top I'm working on. And eventually call it a day/night.