Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Anyone sewing today??? >

Anyone sewing today???

Anyone sewing today???

Old 03-29-2013, 01:26 PM

Glad you got a day of quilting! I didn't sew today, but I am getting together at a friend's house for a day of quilting tomorrow. So tonight I will be packing up what to take. I have been working UFOs and have more to complete. But I am itching to start something new. I may take one of both!
Old 03-29-2013, 05:52 PM

I'll be sewing the next two days. I spent this morning finding bigger clips to set up my table so that I can sandwich a quilt.

Cheers, K
Old 03-29-2013, 06:00 PM

This evening, trying a little English paper piecing experiment, to see if my project-from-the-black-lagoon would work better this way. So far it's looking like a winner in the "hey! stuff matches!" department. Not much fun to cut and then baste all the little shapes, but just might beat ripping stuff out and resewing it 14 times .... LOL
Old 03-29-2013, 06:09 PM

Well I don't get to quilt today. BUT i do buy a tub of upholster fabric. will be make bags for the woman shielder at some point.
Old 03-29-2013, 06:30 PM

I wish! Today was spent getting groceries and working of getting organized to have 18 people for dinner tomorrow - we're having Easter a day early because of other commitments on Sunday. Kids will have an egg hunt after dinner so that will be fun. Won't be able to sew until Monday - if I get the house put back in order on Sunday. Happy Easter.
Old 03-29-2013, 06:46 PM

My day is over; but I was able to work on quilting all afternoon. I cut out and starched a quilt back, marked a quilting design on a quilt top and completed step 2 of the Quilters Club of America Mystery Quilt 8 City Streets. I was pleased with my accomplishments. I love it when I can spend an afternoon quilting.
Old 03-29-2013, 06:59 PM

Yes, I started quilting this topper today, all I have left is the binding.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]405201[/ATTACH]

It's Moda Candy, the fabrics are from Paris Flea Market.
Attached Thumbnails parisfleamarket.jpg  
Old 03-29-2013, 07:06 PM
Banned

Yup! I had 2 projects in the works but Monday I bought more fabric to make 2 identical quilts (donating one for charity raffle). It took two days to prepare the applique and start hand sewing it and I've only finished 4 blocks. 36 to go then I have to go back and put a circle in them for the center of the flower! Worth it though! The next charity event should bring in about 800 people so at $1.00 a chance we should make a good amount of money I hope!
Old 03-29-2013, 09:06 PM

Today I long armed 2 baby quilts for charity, put the borders on a panel, finished an embroidery order for a customer, and continued to REMAKE my daughter's BRAND NEW prom dress :-/
Old 03-29-2013, 09:20 PM

After getting some yard work,laundry,garbage duty,and cooking out of the way,I got to sew! I got the last 2 borders of a quilt as you go 105 square inch bedspread ready to FMQ tomorrow! DH got me a new sewing machine to celebrate my retirement yesterday! Lotsa fun!