Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Anyone up and sewing this morning?? >

Anyone up and sewing this morning??

Anyone up and sewing this morning??

Old 11-25-2012, 09:37 AM

I've been up and sewing for a while now. Working on a Christmas gift for my mother - a quilt from "Batik Gems", all in greens to (hopefully) match her living room. Trouble is, she lives on the other side of the country, so I'm working from memory on the colour. I'm trying to decide whether to load a UFO on the long arm, to work on between sewing blocks, or if that risks having the long arm tied up when I'm ready to quilt Mom's gift (which has to be in the mail in the next week or so). For now, I've had a break for lunch so I'm heading back upstairs to sew more triangles.
Old 11-25-2012, 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by Shelbie View Post
I'm just taking a break from making doll clothes for my 2 1/2 year old great niece who wants a baby doll with lots of clothes for Christmas. My sister (her grandma) says it's impossible to buy doll clothes so guess who is stitching. I'm so glad that I kept all the original Cabbage Patch and Preemie CP patterns from the early 1980's when I last stitched them for my daughter and my nieces. They were all in my doll bin just waiting. Now I'm gathering up bits of t-shirt and fleece fabric and having fun creating a fashion wardrobe.
That sounds fun to make doll clothes!
Old 11-25-2012, 06:17 PM

Quick update. I made a crayon roll up. Second attempt. Happy but need to find thread that matches and use a zig zag stitch. Then it will be perfect.
Old 11-25-2012, 07:26 PM

Wish I had sewn today. Instead I went shopping all by myself! It is back to school tomorrow for me....wish I had a few more days off. So much to do and not much time to do it all!
Old 11-25-2012, 09:06 PM

I made some great progress on the quilt I'm making as a Christmas gift today. When I started this morning, I was trimming 72 quarter square triangles. Now, I have all the blocks assembled and the whole center on my wall (one block is still in the machine, waiting for the next step). Just have to cut the setting triangles, add them to the rows, and then stitch the rows together and figure out borders.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]378586[/ATTACH]

ETA - I just spotted a mistake One block to disassemble tomorrow, I guess.
Attached Thumbnails pb250481.jpg  
Old 11-25-2012, 09:45 PM

Had me going for a minute- found it! At least you spotted it now, and an easy fix. Very nice quilt.
Old 11-26-2012, 04:38 AM

I wished, instead off to work I go!
Old 11-26-2012, 05:38 AM

I found the mistake quite quickly, but only after I read that there was one. It's funny how we can get that far and not notice something like that. Oh, well, an easy fix. I had a quilt on my bed for two years before I noticed that one square was tilted the wrong way. Shhhhhh!!! I'm not going to tell anyone else.
Old 11-26-2012, 06:11 AM

I'm decorating and baking because my Quilt group will meet here tonight. If all goes well, maybe I can sew alittle bit on a tshirt quilt!!
Old 11-26-2012, 06:25 AM
Power Poster

I started quilting and dicovered after doing alot that the bobbin stitches were off. I cleaned,oiled and adjusted tension, changed the needle and finally thought to rethread. That appears to have been the problem. I took out some stitches. I will look tonight and may have to take out more. First time I had the problem. I didn't think to rethread until the last thing.
I had the cable guy out all day, I discovered late Sat. night it was out, no internet. After to modems he finally got it going. Now to get the printer going. I worked on it a couple hours and think now I might have to reinstall it. What a pain.