Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Anyone up and sewing this morning?? >

Anyone up and sewing this morning??

Anyone up and sewing this morning??

Old 11-26-2012, 07:09 AM
Power Poster

Well, I got up sort of early - 8 AM, but before taking my shower I caught up in something on TV, but at 9 AM I got up, showered,got dressed, and as soon as I finish checking QB, I'm back to the machine to finish 2 Bow Tucks bag my DIL and her mom ordered for gifts. Got a lot done yesterday, despite my slow pace, but now I need to step it up to make Christmas gifts and possibly a quilt for my DGD "big girl" bed. IfI spent less time on QB and reading, I might get those projects done. I am a morning person, so I usually get more done in the morning if I get right to it. Have a great day everyone.
Old 11-26-2012, 09:01 AM

I will be as soon as I'm done checking the board, but no quilting. I'm in the middle of making a bunch of American Girl doll clothes for my best friend's two daughters. Wish I were quilting! I'm really not a seamstress lol.
Old 11-26-2012, 09:15 AM

I have been up and sewing! Taking a much needed break now to rest the aching muscles. I finished the top of an I Spy quilt I'm making for a little boy with serious injuries. After my Aquatic PT this afternoon, I hope to get the layering done and hopefully do the quilting tomorrow. LOL Now I have to rest up so I can do my exercises.
Old 11-26-2012, 09:31 AM

I'm making table runners for hostess gifts for some of the Christmas parties we'll be attending, as well as some for friends.
Old 11-26-2012, 09:36 AM

I got the borders on the Maxine quilt after work yesterday. After work tonight, I hope to get the backing pieced and maybe get it layered--that is, if I don't spend too much time here
Old 11-26-2012, 09:50 AM

Location: Ohio, the land of 4 seasons. sometimes all in the same week!

well, unfortunely the daggoned BROWNS beat My FAVORITE STEELERS. sigh All my brothers are Browns fans so I will have to endure the hah hahs sure to come my way

Originally Posted by sandyl View Post
I answered an email to cousin; drinking my second cup of coffee, must cook some b-fast and get ready for church. Then perhaps a sewing hour or two to bind a wall hanging for a Christmas gift. And knitting scarves in my free moments, when I'm not on this stinkin computer. Will watch the Browns get beat this afternoon, too, cause that's what they do.
Old 11-26-2012, 09:51 AM

I have to. I have a job I have to dive into before I can have fun with my own stuff.
Old 11-26-2012, 11:31 PM

Originally Posted by hopetoquilt View Post
I can't turn the machine on yet because it would wake everyone. Once I can, I will be working in crayon holder roll ups. I am making 9 for the kids in my sons kindergarten class and I am making more for a fair next November. The church fair didn't go as well as usual because of the hurricane and it has been getting smaller each year. I would like to breathe some new life into it and am already starting to plan.
what are crayon holder roll ups?
Old 11-27-2012, 12:45 AM

I'm up but not sewing yet. Finished a project yesterday and just scrolling through the QB before I decide what to work on next.
Old 11-27-2012, 05:43 AM

I hope to sew today, my son is on 2nd day of flu and I've been fighting off something for the past 2 weeks, tired but my sewing room is giving me inspiration today, just hope my son (a college student who called mom to pick him up 'cause he didn't want to stay at his apartment - he lives 6 miles away) is better today so he can get strenght to get back to class.
Working on a tumbling block quilt done in wovens and flannels - will be so cozy!