Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Anyone Working on the Color Wash Quilt? >

Anyone Working on the Color Wash Quilt?

Anyone Working on the Color Wash Quilt?

Old 04-14-2023, 02:55 AM

Default Anyone Working on the Color Wash Quilt?

After watching the video, I dragged out my scraps. Unlike the video, I just found my 4 sides and pinned them together. After making about 100+-, I then paired them with the center contrast. I'm currently stitching them together. Unlike the instructor, I have my iron nearby. I think it is easier to work with crisp pieces. Next step will be squaring them. I didn't know how fun scrappy is to create! I hope it looks half as good as hers.

Last edited by aashley333; 04-14-2023 at 02:58 AM.
Old 04-14-2023, 03:22 AM

It will be beautiful, I'm sure! I am looking forward to the picture!
Old 04-14-2023, 03:52 AM

Please show pictures. I thought it was amazing. I did a quilt with the same pattern squares from a jellyroll, but this is even more creative.
Old 04-14-2023, 05:04 AM

Who ever mentioned this video to us, thank you. I've downloaded and just watched all 3 videos plus her video on the binding board last night on my TV. So much more comfortable than in front of my PC screen. Anyway, I showed bits and pieces of this video to a friend that stops by on Wednesday and she was so excited about it so I'll be copying the vidoes onto a thumbstick for her as she's not as apt to computer stuff. The last pattern I showed her on Facebook, the Stash Challenge 2023, I copied for her and since then she's made copies for about a half dozen friends in her church quilting group so I have a feeling these videos will be smash to them also.

I ordered my doll pins and got them yesterday in the mail so I can make my own binding board. I thought if I added an extra needle a little farther to the right and pushed the binding thru it too, that would help keep the binding straight as it went thru under the iron. Will have to find a thinner board after watching another one of her binding board videos as there are a couple of them it seems.
Old 04-14-2023, 05:40 AM

I'm probably 1/2 way finished. I put out a call for batik scraps to make mine with, I didn't have any batiks and it gives me a chance to work with a new fabric without building a stash.

Mine was meant to be a traveling project for this fall, but I kept getting into the box to 'make just a few'... now it's my main project and I've kitted a different traveler project
Old 04-14-2023, 07:21 AM

Can someone please post the link?
Old 04-14-2023, 09:51 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UQE...l=TerryRowland is the first one. All the others can be found on youtube after you open this one.

I see a lot of color wash quilts in our future!
Old 04-14-2023, 12:36 PM
Power Poster

I have made exactly one block, but have several more cut. A slow start, but I plan to use my smallish scraps this way.
Old 04-14-2023, 02:04 PM

I followed a dear quilter's blog for many years & she specializes in color wash quilts. She was always so kind to share her techniques & tips in how she made her beautiful quilts. She passed away in 2021 but her daughter had so many requests to keep her blog up on the internet that she has allowed it to stay in hopes to help others with their quilting. Attached is the link to her blog. You can see at the top that she has a color wash quilt tutorial (3 parts). I hope this helps those of you who are making color wash quilts this year. I love color wash quilts & can't wait to see what y'all are making this year.

https://stitchintherapy.blogspot.com/
Old 04-14-2023, 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by ibex94 View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UQE...l=TerryRowland is the first one. All the others can be found on youtube after you open this one.

I see a lot of color wash quilts in our future!
Thanks for this link. I can see hours spent in watching the videos!