Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
An Apology >

An Apology

An Apology

Old 07-24-2010, 03:33 PM

I heard a lady say that she likes Hancocks because no one talks to her, even when cutting fabric and that is why she liked to shop there. First time I've heard someone say that is what they like in shopping. I guess everyone is looking for something different.
Old 07-24-2010, 11:00 PM

Chances are that Customer will be back, she knows of your attempt at helping her!!
Its when you see the disenterest thats irritating (or to me) as long as they see you are making a firm attempt to assist no one gets too shook... I worked retail, one of the nicest things remembered came from a customer one day, line was backed up, who knows what else was going on... apoligizing, to customers when they got to register, one customer mentioned that she used to be a demanding customer then went to work for one of the large chains one xmas, said her whole way of looking at things were different now!! Now if I get a little frusteated have to remind myself of those instances and try to be a good customer, challenge myself to make the clerk have a good day !!! :)
Keep up the Good Work all you can do is your best !!
Old 07-25-2010, 04:27 AM

I used to work at our local Joann's several years ago. One day not to long ago I was at the cutting counter patiently waiting my turn when someone came up to the counter and barged in to ask the clerk a question. She (the clerk) seemed a little embarrased about it, and didn't know the answer to the question. She was asking about a home dec problem. I piped up and offered to help the rude person. The clerk looked relieved that she could go on with her job and thanked me. The lady with the question wasn't sure whether to go along with me or not when another clerk walked by and said, "Believe me she knows what she is talking about." I try to keep those hard working people as "my new best friends". After all we never know when we might need help too.