Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Arthritis pain >
  • Arthritis pain

• Arthritis pain

Old 04-05-2011, 04:23 AM

A lot of the girls that I got started piecing quilts by hand have said that it has helped their arthritic hands tremendously. I know mine work more easily. Use the aspercreme or the Bio freeze. But, then take your pieceing to do in front of the TV. You'll soon notice a differece.
    Old 04-05-2011, 04:24 AM

OK big one page ad in Houston Chronicle this morning for JointFleX for OsteoArthritis pain. No script - it is across the counter. www.jointflex.com for stores or order online.
    Old 04-05-2011, 04:29 AM

Originally Posted by nett2
    What do you do for arthritis pain in the hands? I don't want to take prescription pills for it if I don't have to. It's just recently started and I haven't talked to my doctor about it yet.
    I don't have much pain in my hands, just stiffness. My right wrist hardly bends at all. It is only painful occasionally. Now my back is another matter. I do take the generic form of Mobic which helps a lot. I also lay down mid day just to rest my back. I also will wash dishes in nice hot water and wash my hands to warm them up and remove a little of the finger stiffness. I find the most important thing is to keep them moving. One time I mentioned to my doctor that knitting, crocheting, and sewing were becoming difficult. He said that maybe I shouldn't be doing those things then. My reply was, "Well, that's not going to happen!" He didn't say anything.
    Old 04-05-2011, 04:31 AM

One of those hand braces from the drugstore and a heating pad. Already had the carpal tunnel fix done. Not as much pain but lack of strength. Also getting old.
    Old 04-05-2011, 04:52 AM

Originally Posted by Helenq
    I am not a doctor and am not sure how this works. But it does for me and others that I know. Mix 1 tablespoon honey and 1 tablespoon APPLE CIDER VINAGER-I disolve mine in about 1/4 cup of hot water and swallow--everyday!(I use Bragg's Organic). This process took about 3 weeks to feel the differance. I started this when I was diagnosed RA!

Friends that started and stopped tell me that when they stopped they felt the pain almost immidiately. I have also read that this does not work for everyone either.

So.... for what it is worth. I feel that it is all natural. It prevents the pain and I can quilt and sew for hours!

This may help someone!!!
    I take braggs apple cider vinegar because it has other health benefits too. Here is a link about it http://www.globalhealingcenter.com/n...cider-vinegar/

I don't have arthritis but have read that cinnamon & honey can help people with arthritis and has other health benefits too. Here's a link with info about it http://www.healthdiaries.com/eatthis...-cinnamon.html
    Old 04-05-2011, 04:54 AM

I take 2 Aleve a day - one in the morning and another in the afternoon/evening. Plus eat a lot of pineapple; for some reason it helps with the pain, and if you can get any juices with pomegranite in, they are good to help relieve pain also.
    Old 04-05-2011, 04:57 AM

Advil and a heating pad seem to help so far...
    Old 04-05-2011, 05:40 AM

I'm not sure but I think that is called something like this...Not sure how to spell it... Daquarvein...me and my favorite sister and my favorite brother and my favorite dad all have it. It's a family affair.
    Originally Posted by McQuilter
    Originally Posted by iluvmycats
    I have advanced Rheumatiod Arthritis that started when I was about 23, but not properly diagnosed until I was 50. Didn't get on the proper treatment till 2004, but my fingers are all whithered and very inflamed. If you think you have arthritis, please talk to your doctor about it. there are easy tests they can do so you can find out.Don't wait so long like I did. I bought the comfort gloves and they help. Just please get the proper help, so you slow down the process. Blessing to you, Nancy
    Nancy,
    This knot just popped up a few weeks ago where my thumb attaches to my wrist and it burns like fire. I have an appointment with my doctor later this month. I'll mention it to her. I'm so sorry about your RA. I'm sure my pain is nothing compared to yours. God bless you.
    I have that same pain in th joint where my thumb goes to the wrist. It hurts all the time but sometimes it just throbs so bad i could cry. Aspercreme does help. My Dr. said it was carpel tunnel.
    Old 04-05-2011, 05:51 AM

I take Advil Liquigels. Two last me all day. Also warm water feels sooo good. Biofreeze is great. My DD is a therapist and uses it all the time on her patients. Also Celadrin creme if you can find it. Avon used to sell it believe it or not!
    Old 04-05-2011, 05:51 AM

What do you do for arthritis pain in the hands? I don't want to take prescription pills for it if I don't have to. It's just recently started and I haven't talked to my doctor about it yet.
    Advil, and keep them warm. Exercise them in a bath/sink of warm water. I mean light exercise open close, stretch open individually close and so on. Use aspercream, or Rub A535 or something to that effect!

TreeFrog