Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Arthritis pain >

Arthritis pain

Arthritis pain

Old 04-04-2011, 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by emerald46
Nett2, I wonder if that knot is a ganglion cyst. I get it after alot of hand finishing on a quilt. Very painful. Using the fingerless support gloves really helps. Takes a few days to go down. First got it years ago while taking harp lessons. Doc said yrs ago they use hold the hand down and slap it hard with the big family Bible to pop it internally..(I don't think so!)
OUCH! A DR did this to my wrist with a big medical book when I was a teen. But it did make the cyst go away.
Old 04-05-2011, 02:59 AM

Fish oil capsules with glucosamine, taken orally.
Old 04-05-2011, 03:11 AM

I am not a doctor and am not sure how this works. But it does for me and others that I know. Mix 1 tablespoon honey and 1 tablespoon APPLE CIDER VINAGER-I disolve mine in about 1/4 cup of hot water and swallow--everyday!(I use Bragg's Organic). This process took about 3 weeks to feel the differance. I started this when I was diagnosed RA!

Friends that started and stopped tell me that when they stopped they felt the pain almost immidiately. I have also read that this does not work for everyone either.

So.... for what it is worth. I feel that it is all natural. It prevents the pain and I can quilt and sew for hours!

This may help someone!!!
Old 04-05-2011, 03:23 AM

I'll run my hands under hot water, orwrap then around a big cup of hot coffee or tea. Aspirin still helps me take the edge off.
MK
Old 04-05-2011, 03:31 AM

Originally Posted by Helenq
I am not a doctor and am not sure how this works. But it does for me and others that I know. Mix 1 tablespoon honey and 1 tablespoon APPLE CIDER VINAGER-I disolve mine in about 1/4 cup of hot water and swallow--everyday!(I use Bragg's Organic). This process took about 3 weeks to feel the differance. I started this when I was diagnosed RA!

Friends that started and stopped tell me that when they stopped they felt the pain almost immidiately. I have also read that this does not work for everyone either.

I look forward to trying this. Ingredients readily available.
So.... for what it is worth. I feel that it is all natural. It prevents the pain and I can quilt and sew for hours!

This may help someone!!!
Old 04-05-2011, 03:40 AM

I've had a hand injury from work. Grasping things such as putting a binding on really aggravates it. I have a hand/foot spa that uses melted parafin wax. I dip at least 4 times and let it stay on until it completely cools. Makes your hands soft and makes it easier to move those muscles. I also use Biofreeze. This can be found and purchased at most physical therapy offices. (Yes, even if you don't go there.)
Old 04-05-2011, 03:48 AM

Good morning Nett

The parafin baths are wonderful. Our Walgreens used to have them but haven't seen any for a while. Probably Bed, bath and beyond would. Aspercream helps too. Exercising with the rubber balls/hearts that are available helps -- I keep them on the sewing table by my chair and use them at night. Strengthening the muscles will help relieve pressure on the joints (so my dr says!)
Old 04-05-2011, 04:17 AM
Power Poster

I use ibprofan (sp?)
Old 04-05-2011, 04:19 AM

rub vicks on your hands and wear white gloves at night vicks helps with all kinds of pain just have to keep it covered
Old 04-05-2011, 04:20 AM

I also have arthritis in my thumbs. I bought2 braces in Walmart that helps to keep the thumbs in one position. I wear them when I'm not hand sewing and I bought a soft fingerless glove with a padded palm in Joannes to wear when I applique. They do help. I think I'll get some Aspercreme today and try that too. I take a prescription pain med but nothing stops it completely.