Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
ASked my DH for help, and well.... >

ASked my DH for help, and well....

ASked my DH for help, and well....

Old 10-10-2011, 03:23 AM

I don't work on the computers, my husband NEVER touches my machines, except to move them for me. LOL
Old 10-10-2011, 03:26 AM

Originally Posted by Rainy Day
If there is still too much oil, run some calico through the machine with no thread until it comes clean.
Cheers
Rainy
PS I have a chocolate teapot - I would not let mine near my machine. At least yours had a go, and fixed it up.
I'm a little slow what is calico?
Old 10-10-2011, 03:36 AM

just take to your dealer. i sure he just got to much oil in some places , they will get it cleaned up for you. hes like mine every thing needs a little oil or grease. he doesnt touch mine. ha ha
Old 10-10-2011, 03:38 AM

Calico - unbleached cotton. I think in the US it is called quilters muslin? You can't be that slow - you got the chocolate teapot reference :P
Old 10-10-2011, 03:45 AM

Take it to the dealer where you bought it (after calling for an appt of course) and ask if they can do a service on it let them know what's wrong, and ask them to adjust and realign. Happy sewing!
"A Stitch in Time"
Mary Jo
Old 10-10-2011, 03:51 AM

Originally Posted by Rainy Day
Calico - unbleached cotton. I think in the US it is called quilters muslin? You can't be that slow - you got the chocolate teapot reference :P
Thanks for the reply I have learned so much from this board. Sometimes the most simplest things looks inpossible to figure out.
Old 10-10-2011, 03:56 AM

Yep, carpenters wheel comes to mind!
Old 10-10-2011, 04:11 AM

Originally Posted by chelgvns
I have a Brother LX3125 - basic model beginners sewing machine. I got it for Xmas last year so I could teach myself how to sew and I have unever done any maintwnce on it - I know shameful! Well I decided that I better do the basic cleaning and oiling and whatnot! Well I got nervouse and asked DH for help, and well... I guess I should have kept in mind that he's a grease monkey LOL! I am pretty sure he went overboard all my thread turns gray!!!! I have ran it with out threading. And ran it and ran it not helping ...well I finally got my thread to stop turning grey but the next issue is ....ever since he did whatever he did I can't get the tension on top and bottom thread right...occasinally the top thread snaps , the bobbin getts kinda crazY and know the tension wheel is grabbing my thread and keeping it...this last time it snapped it and it got all wound inside the machine. I'm a little frustrated and don't really want DH to help anymore....besides if I say something he may NEVER help me again! Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong!
Lets hope that it is Not computerized because Oiling them is a big No No. I have a cheapy Brother and the only place I put One Drop of Oil is the bobbin area otherwise it's jus Brushing the dust bunnies away.

:-)
Old 10-10-2011, 04:13 AM

Hope someone onthis forum can help. Sounds like the kind of help my hubby does. But he is always so good to volunteer.
Old 10-10-2011, 04:55 AM

Hubbies are the best, and truly try to help, but there are somethings that are better off with them not touching. One is my sewing machine! But hes fantastic at fixing everything from roofs, to computers. But like most men he does not want to read! And sometimes the directions included with our machines really do need to be read. I am glad he was able to fix your machine so its working better now. But maybe next time, take it to the local sewing machine shop and have them do it. You might not be so lucky next time hubby agrees to help : ) and it might end up costing you more to have it fixed than to have it just cleaned. Good luck : )