Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Avante frame trouble >

Avante frame trouble

Avante frame trouble

Old 03-30-2015, 10:14 AM

Default Avante frame trouble

Hi, I have the avante with the 10 ft frame setup. In the last two weeks I started to have two spots on the frame by the seams that are giving me trouble! When I get to them spots it takes more force to get into the spots then it was to go to the right fast. My husband has check the level and has releved several times, he has checked the rollers they are all hit! Has anyone have this problem or does anyone know how to fix this! Thanks Labug
Old 03-30-2015, 10:31 AM
Power Poster

I have the same setup. I got my unit last November, installed by the dealer, but haven't had time to go & take a class (200 mile round trip). I also have a problem join and this was one of the things I was going to ask them when I go, hopefully in April. It doesn't sound nearly as bad as what you are experiencing, however. I usually quilt with one hand, so I just know to grab the unit with both hands and move it with firmer guidance when I get close to that area. Other than that I love it!
I would contact your dealer & see what they say.
Old 03-30-2015, 06:24 PM

I work at a HQ dealership, and get to set these frames up at people's homes. Your track should all be one piece (because it's a Fusion), so the bump would come from the frame not being even at the seams. When you look up underneath the frame, there are 4 holes on the sides of each section. Those screws (up inside) loosen the track. If the table underneath the track has a bump, you need to loosen the screws on the brackets (2 on each side of the frame at each seam), and adjust the bracket until the table seam is smooth on top. Then re-tighten the screws. Then you have to get the track back down right. With the screws only slightly loose, move the carriage across the seam, and make sure the carriage is sitting flush. Keep the carriage on the seam while you tighten the track back down.

I hope this makes sense.

Now, having said all that... if you got your HQ from a dealer who set up your frame, you should have a 1 year in home service warranty. Which means that in that first year, your dealer should come to your home and help you with your machine and frame, and not charge you. If you don't have a nearby dealer, HQ is a great company, and they may help you over the phone.