Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
babylock tiara >

babylock tiara

babylock tiara

Old 12-31-2012, 09:37 AM

I just got a Tiara with stitch regulator at a pre-inventory sale and was VERY pleased with the price.

I'd been so on the fence about stand-up vs. sit-down until I finished my last quilt. I decided that I like sitting down to quilt and, as we might downsize in a few years, don't want to commit space to a frame that might not be available in a future home. We stopped at the dealer on a whim and my husband asked for a price as I elbowed him not to. Well, it was enough to make me sleep on it and return the next morning to purchase. At the very least, if I change my mind later, it was a good enough price that I could sell it without feeling as if I've "lost" a lot.

As to the stitch regulator, I know a lot of people say to practice, practice, practice. I know I could get good with lots of practice but my quilting time is limited and I want to spend it quilting. If I find I don't need it, I'm sure it could be sold separately.

Now to get my son and his friend to move a recliner out of my sewing room to make space. I'll be putting it up after they go back to college - it's just too hectic now.

I'm glad to hear that so many of you love the machine!!