Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Bad Service at Dealer >

Bad Service at Dealer

Bad Service at Dealer

Old 02-23-2010, 03:46 PM

Is this person normally there? Could she have just been filling in at rhe shop or very new?? I guess I woukd go back one more time and see if it's any different. If they are a dealer all their staff should be trained on the machines. If it's bad again, I wouldn't purchase from them. Doesn't give warm fuzzies for future support from them.
Old 02-23-2010, 04:05 PM
Banned

NO she has been there a long time, At least a year. I went there today to buy an Espire, I been really wanting this machine.

I got there and saw it, Had no idea how to use it. She came by showed me where the machine was and walked away to chat with someone else who works there. Then they sat down to eat their lunch. Finished their lunch and never came back!

I tried to ask her some questions but she kept saying I dont know, I am not sure. blah blah blah.

the technician who was there came out to talk to me, I guess he saw i was pissed. By that time I lost interest in the machine.
Old 02-23-2010, 04:54 PM

If she has been there that long and still doesn't know the machines well enough to demo them, that says that the owner of the dealership really isn't interested in supporting the sewing community in your town.

Good customer service is key, so I would check out other dealers. Is there another Babylock dealer anywhere close to you? I know how it is when you have your heart set on a particular machine. When I bought my first Husqvarna years ago in Denver, both of the dealers were terrible, and in fact lost their dealerships. I had my heart set on that brand. What it meant for me is that I had to learn the machine on my own, which was okay, but classes would have been nice.

Maybe give the other brands a try, you might like one of them equally as well. Keep us posted okay?
Old 02-23-2010, 05:00 PM
Banned

i am beyond frustrated, at this point I may just go to ebay and buy a used machine.
Old 02-23-2010, 05:56 PM
Power Poster

Are there other dealers in your area you could go with. I thought some about buying a machine from Ebay, but am glad I went with the dealer in town. She gave me lessons and is always ready to answer any of my questions. Keep looking.
Old 02-23-2010, 05:58 PM
Banned

maybe i should get my own dealer license
Old 02-24-2010, 03:09 PM

I know what you mean. The dealer I bought my first Bernina from doesn't sell Bernina's anymore. I want to buy a Bernina 440QE so I went to another Bernina dealer who also sold multiple brands. I have never used a computer machine, I currently have a Bernina 1008, so I asked for a demo on what the machine did. My sales person was very nice but kept having to leave me to ask someone else questions on how the machine worked. She owned a Phaff and kept trying to sell me a Phaff machine. I'm sure the Phaff is a wonderful machine but that isn't what I wanted. I am a true Bernina lover. I don't have another Bernina dealer in my direct area and really didn't want to travel 30 or 40 miles for a purchase. Like you I left frustrated and I am not sure what I want to do now.

GJP424
Old 02-24-2010, 03:19 PM
Power Poster

Hmmmm, i would let the company know. they like their dealers to tout their machines and should be able to do so.
Old 02-24-2010, 03:38 PM
Banned

i went to a very nice Brother/janome dealer. I looked at the Espire twin the QC 1000 and i was super impressed, i think it is prettier than the Espire. And a bit less money.
Old 02-24-2010, 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by sewcrazygirl
NO she has been there a long time, At least a year. I went there today to buy an Espire, I been really wanting this machine.

I got there and saw it, Had no idea how to use it. She came by showed me where the machine was and walked away to chat with someone else who works there. Then they sat down to eat their lunch. Finished their lunch and never came back!

I tried to ask her some questions but she kept saying I dont know, I am not sure. blah blah blah.

the technician who was there came out to talk to me, I guess he saw i was pissed. By that time I lost interest in the machine.
Goodness. I would have had to let them know in no uncertain terms how poor their "service" was to me if I had been there. Poor service like this is a major pet peeve for me. There's simply no excuse for people being rude idiots to their customers.