Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Bali Star Wedding Quilt - Start of Thread! >

Bali Star Wedding Quilt - Start of Thread!

Bali Star Wedding Quilt - Start of Thread!

Old 02-08-2017, 09:51 PM

I also prefer Option 1. This is going to be a really stunning quilt! Can't wait to see the end result.

P.s. How do I subscribe to this thread?
Old 02-09-2017, 04:38 AM
Gay

Vicki - go to 'thread tools' at the top of this thread - select 'subscribe to this thread' - then 'add subscription'.
Old 02-09-2017, 05:04 AM

It is going to be stunning! I am also subscribing to your thread. I have not attempted to make any variation of a Wedding Ring pattern but this one is by far my favorite. Thanks for posting.
Old 02-09-2017, 05:23 AM

Love the colors!! Post frequently so we can watch your progress. Just as a FYI, Tennessee Quilts is a Judy Neimeyer approved shop, and they will make up kits for any of her patterns They carry patterns, papers, etc............Check out their website....Shipping from there may be less expensive for members in the Midwest and west coast.............and if you are ever in the area of eastern TN, you should truthfully make a stop in this shop!

BEST OF LUCK with your quilt.................I am certain you will make your goal, and that your quilt will be absolutely wonderful!!!

I was visiting a friend in Brevard NC, and we actually drove to this shop, where we spend a full, glorious day checking our fabrics, patterns, etc.............Needless to say, we both came home a bit poorer that day.
Old 02-09-2017, 05:30 AM

Lovely colors and look forward to seeing your progress
Old 02-09-2017, 02:51 PM
Power Poster

That is going to be an absolutely gorgeous quilt. Can't wait to see it finished.
Old 02-09-2017, 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by Shorebird View Post
Love the colors!! Post frequently so we can watch your progress. Just as a FYI, Tennessee Quilts is a Judy Neimeyer approved shop, and they will make up kits for any of her patterns They carry patterns, papers, etc............Check out their website....Shipping from there may be less expensive for members in the Midwest and west coast.............and if you are ever in the area of eastern TN, you should truthfully make a stop in this shop!

BEST OF LUCK with your quilt.................I am certain you will make your goal, and that your quilt will be absolutely wonderful!!!

I was visiting a friend in Brevard NC, and we actually drove to this shop, where we spend a full, glorious day checking our fabrics, patterns, etc.............Needless to say, we both came home a bit poorer that day.
Thanks, but I live in Ottawa, ON Canada, so all those stores are far away from me!

Here's a funny story about the fabrics tho. When I talked to Patti, I gave her a budget of $400-$500 for the fabric (not including the backing of course). When all was said and done, it was $510 including shipping. I told her no problem, charge my credit card. Which turns out to $760 Canadian LOL ... PLUS I had to pay $95 on duty.

I'm not complaining at all because here in Canada, we just don't have the selection of fabrics that you have in the states!
Old 02-09-2017, 03:52 PM

I agree with Anniedeb; I like the dark fabrics in the middle also.
Old 02-10-2017, 12:27 AM

Originally Posted by Gay View Post
Vicki - go to 'thread tools' at the top of this thread - select 'subscribe to this thread' - then 'add subscription'.
Thank you Gay!
Old 02-11-2017, 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by MarionsQuilts View Post
Thanks, but I live in Ottawa, ON Canada, so all those stores are far away from me!

Here's a funny story about the fabrics tho. When I talked to Patti, I gave her a budget of $400-$500 for the fabric (not including the backing of course). When all was said and done, it was $510 including shipping. I told her no problem, charge my credit card. Which turns out to $760 Canadian LOL ... PLUS I had to pay $95 on duty.

I'm not complaining at all because here in Canada, we just don't have the selection of fabrics that you have in the states!
Just so you know, Erin at Around the Block in Beaverlodge, AB also does gorgeous custom kits for Judy Neimeyer quilts. I found her prices reasonable, and it avoids the exchange and duty uncertainty. Obviously you won't be needing another any time soon, but I wanted to mention it for any other Canadians inspired by this thread