Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Bargello contruction question >

Bargello contruction question

Bargello contruction question

Old 06-04-2010, 09:16 AM

I purchased Colorwash Bargello Quilts by Beth Ann Williams at a yard sale for $4 and have been reading it, and the method you describe is how it is presented in that book too. You sew all the strips together then sew the last strip to the first strip to form a tube and then cut the tube into strips and then undo the seam at different places in the various tube strips and sew them back together. None of the patterns in her book is as complicated as the one you have chosen though! I have decided to try a little doll quilt first to get the hang of it before I try anything more ambitious. My strips are cut and I am sewing them together, but they are starting to curve, instead of staying straight. The author recommends sewing the strips in pairs first and then the pairs together etc to prevent that! Should have reread the instructions before starting!!! Someone else told me to sew the strips first from top to bottom and then the next strip from bottom to top to keep things straight, BUT I bet you know all this already, because just now I am remembering a picture you posted quite awhile back of all your cut strips hanging on a ladder!! Good Luck with your bargello and don't forget to update us with pics!
Old 06-20-2010, 12:05 PM

thoe quilts are beautiful. I tried to make one . It was stretched. I couldn't square it up.
Old 06-20-2010, 06:01 PM

Donna. Is that bargello pattern for sale, for information, or do you just want to give it away?
Old 06-20-2010, 06:13 PM

I have a couple of the patterns for sale. There are 2 versions of the pattern (one has the queen size pattern):

31. Twisted Bargello by Chris Timmins (from Australia) ; Wall Hanging 41” x 55” or Double Quilt 74” x 94”; Using quick strip method. $16.50 (Shipping to a U.S. address by USPS 1st Class Mail $1.00; Insured-add $1.75) or ($4.80 USPS Priority Flat Rate Mail with "free" Delivery confirmation)

32. Twisted Bargello by Chris Timmins (from Australia) Using quick strip method. (All sizes included, Wallhanging, Double, Queen) $17.50 (Shipping to a U.S. address by USPS 1st Class Mail $1.00; Insured-add $1.75) or ($4.80 USPS Priority Flat Rate Mail with "free" Delivery confirmation)
Old 06-20-2010, 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by donnajean
I have the "Twisted Bargello" pattern by Chirs Timmins of Australia if your interested.
I have a couple of the patterns for sale. There are 2 versions of the pattern (one has the queen size pattern):

31. Twisted Bargello by Chris Timmins (from Australia) ; Wall Hanging 41” x 55” or Double Quilt 74” x 94”; Using quick strip method. $16.50 (Shipping to a U.S. address by USPS 1st Class Mail $1.00; Insured-add $1.75) or ($4.80 USPS Priority Flat Rate Mail with "free" Delivery confirmation)

32. Twisted Bargello by Chris Timmins (from Australia) Using quick strip method. (All sizes included, Wallhanging, Double, Queen) $17.50 (Shipping to a U.S. address by USPS 1st Class Mail $1.00; Insured-add $1.75) or ($4.80 USPS Priority Flat Rate Mail with "free" Delivery confirmation)