Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Bargello fabrics >

Bargello fabrics

Bargello fabrics

Old 04-10-2015, 04:26 AM

Default Bargello fabrics

[ATTACH=CONFIG]516451[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]516452[/ATTACH] Hi there, I'm in the process of making a bargello quilt for my parents and I think I finally have enough fabrics!

There are 5 runs that each have 8 fabrics in them. I've just spent a long while playing about with them and taking lots of photos. Basically if anyone can see any fabrics that look like they're in the wrong place or would look better in one of the other runs, please let me know! I think I've looked at them for so long now that I can't see them properly anymore!
Attached Thumbnails imag1593.jpg   imag1593_1.jpg  
Old 04-10-2015, 04:28 AM

I like the ones on the far right the best for a Bargello Althoough they are all nice
Old 04-10-2015, 05:21 AM
Power Poster

they seem to be in good order.... except 3rd from bottom on far left. when you cut that into the smaller squares, the small pieces will vary depending on where the cut is. i think it needs a more homogeneous print or solid.
Old 04-10-2015, 05:32 AM

Thanks :-) I had real trouble placing that one and I think you're right, I'll have a looksy for something to replace it!
Old 04-10-2015, 06:20 AM
Power Poster

I agree with QuiltnNan. That one popped right out.
Old 04-10-2015, 06:27 AM

I think your choices look quite good, and even the one you are questioning might be a zinger fabric. I recently discovered a nifty way to see if I liked my Bargello choices. I posted it here. Let me see if I can find the thread, in case it could be helpful for you. It sure helped me, and I wish I had figured it out about 8 Bargellos ago!

Yes, I think this will get you there.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1...c-t262797.html

Dina
Old 04-10-2015, 06:43 AM

There also may be one in the middle row, second from the bottom....depending where you place it and how small the pieces may be, it could show up as a white piece in the middle of a dark section.....the rest seem to be good choice, at least for me....very pretty colors
Old 04-10-2015, 06:59 AM

I agree with the 2 fabrics mentioned. Not sure which pattern you will be using. I am working on Surf Song which has some 1" strips (cut but finish a little more than 1/2" when sewn). That will make a difference in some areas of your quilt as to how much of a particular fabric/print you will see.

I'm also looking at row 1 ... 2nd and 3rd fabrics(from the top) may need to switch places. Your B&W photo looks like 2nd fabric shows a little lighter than the 3rd fabric. Beautiful fabrics by the way.
Old 04-10-2015, 07:34 AM

Thanks everyone, I knew fresh eyes would help!

I'll definitely have a go with the 1 inch strips Dina, I think it will help a lot!

That was another one that I struggled with Buckeye Rose! I think I might have to sacrifice it, but we'll see how it looks when cut into smaller pieces as I just love the colours in it!

I'm not following a particular pattern but I'm going for a surf song look I think. Great spot there Sharonquilts! It definitely looks darker in the black and white, so I'll swap them :-)

Thank you all so much!
Old 04-10-2015, 10:11 AM
Power Poster

I don't like the center one the second one up. It is a screamer.