Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Basting wall >

Basting wall

Basting wall

Old 08-12-2013, 04:47 AM

Originally Posted by MadQuilter View Post
If I had the wall space I would use Patsy Thompson's method but I don't. So I am still looking to come up with a portable version. So far I haven't come up with a good plan. Right now I put a large sheet on my bed and spray baste my smaller quilts there. It works OK.
How did you keep everything flat? I tried that and the backing was ripply. I ended up taking it apart and sandwiching on the floor.
Old 08-12-2013, 05:06 AM

table baste now and love it. I have no puckers at all anymore and it's a heck of a lot easier.
I got two folding tables from Target. They're 6' wide each so if I have a wider quilt I can put the tables end to end.
I did a demo on how I do it to my quilt guild and it was very popular.
I do plan to do a video & a photo tutorial on how I do it this coming weekend. I meant to do my videos this weekend but I was preoccupied with running a free motion workshop/mini class and altering a desk to set my machine in...
Old 08-12-2013, 07:49 AM

Originally Posted by Yarn or Fabric View Post
did a step by step tutorial on how I made mine. Sorry I'm linking to my personal website but it's in my signature already. I'm just not going to copy and paste everything here... http://yarn-or-fabric.weebly.com/1/p...sign-wall.html

Sall - I don't think the foam insulation boards are rigid enough unless you are going to be able to store them flat. They will sag if they aren't stored flat. You'll be able to lean them up against a wall when you use them but I'd suggest storing them somehow where they won't warp/sag.
Thanks for the advice, yes I think it will be the chipboard, as I will have to stand it up for storage.