Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Batting scrap tip >

Batting scrap tip

Batting scrap tip

Old 11-20-2021, 04:48 AM

Great idea Tartan! That's something I have plenty of. Now I can quit cutting up old t-shirts for dusting.
Old 11-24-2021, 09:28 AM
Power Poster

I have used them. Not so good if there are any rough places where you dust, floor or furniture. Fibers stick to the rough area and leaves fibers behind.
Old 11-25-2021, 12:50 PM

yikes! I just used these batting tips by cutting some up and putting it on the bottom of my swifter. Used it under my bed which had not been dusted for a while. It is too hard to move the bed and use my vaccum under it. I got a lot of dust. too much to admit to! It worked great. Blushing I used three of my batting scraps in my bedroom. Don't tell anyone!
Old 11-27-2021, 07:14 AM
Power Poster

I threw a fit because someone turned the switch off to the ceiling fans and I could see how dusty they were. Dust bunnies were falling when they stopped. Now I have to clean them because I saw it. LOL The ceiling are too tall, I'll have to use a ladder, it's a big job. I have asked for them to be taken down ever since we bought the house. I'll give my husband one more asking to do it and then I'll call someone in to do it.
Old 11-27-2021, 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by Onebyone View Post
I threw a fit because someone turned the switch off to the ceiling fans and I could see how dusty they were. Dust bunnies were falling when they stopped. Now I have to clean them because I saw it. LOL The ceiling are too tall, I'll have to use a ladder, it's a big job. I have asked for them to be taken down ever since we bought the house. I'll give my husband one more asking to do it and then I'll call someone in to do it.
I bought one of those swifter dusters with the extended handle. And I also have a "Quickie" which has an extended handle and a microfiber covering with "fingers" on it like a rag dolls hair. This velcro's on and can be washed. The end of it is also bendable and can be shaped to angle of what you need. No ladders for me!

Oh, I also cut up some of batting and traced my hand on it like a mitten and stitched two pieces together. When I trimmed it to shape, I left about an inch beyond the tracing line and then cut fringe in it around the mitten. I used it to dust my old venetian blinds. Worked pretty good. Embaressed to tell you all that it got pretty dirty!

Last edited by sewingpup; 11-27-2021 at 11:31 AM.
Old 11-27-2021, 12:55 PM
Power Poster

I use one of the extension fan blade dusters. It won't reach. unless I stand on a ladder though. My ceilings are very high in the living area. There are no lights attached to the fans so no bulb changing thank goodness. The inset lighting is reachable with a ladder and extension pole, thank goodness for son in law and grandsons for light changing. The bulbs seem to last several years thank goodness. Even the ones the electrician says will last 7 years don't. He had to eat his words on that.