Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Batting Scraps >

Batting Scraps

Batting Scraps

Old 03-16-2020, 05:54 PM

We have a sewing bee in our guild that makes dog beds out of batting scraps the guild members bring every month to the guild meetings. I donate all my batting scraps to that cause. And as a longarmer I have a lot of batting scraps!
Old 03-16-2020, 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by deeleigh View Post
ok you are going to say I am out of my mind or have to much time on my hands but I use pieces to get flies on the windows. If done gently I can get them and transfer them back outside. DH says they are probably coming back in the back door while I am walking to the front room!
This made me chuckle. 2 summers ago there was a wasp that kept finding his way into our family room. Hubby's job is dealing with spiders, so I get bees and wasps. I took him outside. Five minutes later there was another one, so I took him outside too. Then another one, and another, and hubby started panicking that we had a nest somewhere in the house. I took the latest wasp outside and stood there and watched to see if I could figure out where the nest was. He bumbled around for a few minutes, then flew over to the window and crawled through a tiny gap between the screen and the window frame. At this point I realized we didn't have a nest anywhere, this guy was just confused and kept working his way back into the house. I went inside, caught him, took him outside and released him on the other side of the yard. 10 minutes later he was back inside our family room! Hubby was aggravated but I found it hilarious. I covered the gap with a length of duct tape and that kept him out for good. Wonder what he told the wife and kids when he finally found his way back home.
Old 03-19-2020, 08:32 PM

I save everything. Small pieces for coasters, table runners, etc (they can be pieced). Really small bits, like one inch strips, I'll eventually use to stuff a cushion.
Old 03-21-2020, 11:56 PM

I've decided that smaller than 4" can go to the dogs (beds) although I tried a piece today for dusting the hallway and under the beds and I was *impressed*
Old 03-22-2020, 05:03 AM

I put a small piece right next to me by my sewing machine to drop pieces of thread as they stick so well to it