Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Bendable Bright Light >

Bendable Bright Light

Bendable Bright Light

Old 05-19-2010, 11:15 AM

I have the bendable light that attaches to your machine. I like it very much, as my overhead lighting is very poor in my room. The light is a bit expensive, but I use it alot. Jan :shock:
Old 05-19-2010, 12:35 PM

Thank you so much! I have one I paid 39.99 for so I went to the quilting warehouse website and ordered two more! I love the one I have!
Originally Posted by fabricluvr
i just ordered 2 of them from quilting-warehouse.com. the total was $61.65 (usps shipping incl). got one for me and one for mom. if mom doesn't like it, i'll put it on my second machine!
Old 05-19-2010, 01:05 PM

I don't know if everyone is talking about the same thing, but the one I have, called the Bendable Bright Light, is an LED light. I use it sometimes, but I find that it has too much glare - when I mentioned this to the eye doc a couple of days ago he agreed that LED lights are "blue" and can bother your eyes because the light is so concentrated in one place.

I much prefer my ott-lites which are natural daylight lamps.
Old 05-19-2010, 02:26 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Quiltmaniac
I don't know if everyone is talking about the same thing, but the one I have, called the Bendable Bright Light, is an LED light. I use it sometimes, but I find that it has too much glare - when I mentioned this to the eye doc a couple of days ago he agreed that LED lights are "blue" and can bother your eyes because the light is so concentrated in one place.
My Bendable light is white light. I just double checked.
Old 05-19-2010, 04:15 PM

I have one, and love it. I got extra mounting kits so that I can easily switch it from machine to machine. For me that was more economical than buying more than one light.
Old 05-19-2010, 04:17 PM

QUESTION: any chance the magnetic holder might interfere with the sewing machine's electronics?
Old 05-19-2010, 04:23 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by postal packin' mama
QUESTION: any chance the magnetic holder might interfere with the sewing machine's electronics?
ppm, it isn't magnetic. It's the same kind of sticky that those stick-on wall hangers use. You are correct that you should not use magnets near a computerized machine.
Old 05-19-2010, 04:26 PM

oh good. Also wondering about those magnetic pin holder dishes that don't have the rubbery covering. They're sitting very close to the sewing machine...
Old 05-19-2010, 05:11 PM

I have one attached to the head of my quilting machine - I can easily see inside the hopping foot and when I bury the threads I just move the light so I can see the bobbin thread hole to put my needle through. Least expensive I found was $35 - most are $50 - but definitely well worth it!
Old 05-19-2010, 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by Dee Dee
Originally Posted by granniebj
I could sure use one! Are they expensive?
Prices vary -around $27.99 - $49.99 from what I've found. Has anyone seen them for less?
I haven't seen them for less than $45 and that wa s an in store 10% off. I love mine, although, I didn't think when I first applied it soeverytime I changed threads I lifted the cover and had to readjust the placement. It also got out of place if bumped. I now took some white plastic tape and taped over the bendable neck and have not fidgeted with it since. I do like it. I bought a second mount so I can move it to another machine.