Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: bernina 640 walking foot

am having difficulty piecing a perfect 1/4 inch seam with my 1/4 inch foot ..when I use my walking foot to piece, I get an even piecing due to the dual feed, but there is a little bit that sticks out from the bottom piece of the seam , when I use my 1/4 inch foot and I have to try and even it out, frustrating,, hope I am making this clear..I saw a demo on the computer site using a different type foot to piece on the bernina, can anyone help me.. thank you, yetta

There are 2 different 1/4" feet available. One with a guide and one without. I'd suggest you look into getting one with the guide?

Candace, I am a little embarrased to say it, but the foot with the little bar as a guide is the one I use..

Try lowering your presser foot pressure!! I also had trouble with the top and bottom pieces staying even (I have the 440) until I lowered it from 47 down to about 35. Experiment with it and see what setting works best for you. I piece with the #37 or the #57 feet most often and lowering the pressure really helped me.

Yes, I also lower the pressure. I go down to 30. But, I also use the dual feed.

If you're using the foot with the guide, then the vidoes you've seen are probably with the #37 foot(without guide)?

Thank you so much, I will try lowering my pressure on the machine and on me...hope to share some of my quilt tops soon, thanks again, yetta