Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Bernina Q24 Long Arm >

Bernina Q24 Long Arm

Bernina Q24 Long Arm

Old 05-10-2017, 02:49 PM

If you go to http://www.quilterstravelcompanion.com/ and click on quilt shows and the states you are looking for. It looks like you might have some summer shows in your area. If you contact the show, you can probably find out what vendors are going to be there.
Old 05-10-2017, 07:03 PM

I have a Gammill and have found that the service has been great--my "local" rep is on my speed dial and never fails to answer questions and get problems (haven't really had many) resolved. They are close enough that I've had them do little maintenance even. The one time that neither of us could figure out an issue, they sent me directly to the factory (West Plains, MO) and Ken walked me through the issue and sent the part and then we talked via phone and got it installed. Point I'm making is that most of us don't haul a long arm into a repair shop like we do our DSM, so excellent service via phone becomes VERY important and also means that you don't have to have a dealer next door.
Gammill dealers will sell timing tools, parts that typically will wear out with extended use(like switches, bobbin cases & parts, etc). See you are in Rexburg , ID--long way from KS, but there will be a big show, KC Regional Quilt Fest in Overland Park KS (KC suburb) this June 15-17 and I think all the big long arm folks will be there.
Old 06-19-2017, 02:19 PM

Well, we decided on the Q24 and love it. Have only done a couple of quilts so far, but no issues. Well, there is one, and possibly a Q24 user can offer a suggestion? Presently it does not seem possible to transfer an entire quilt project from Art and Stitch to Q-Matic and sew the rows incrementally. Q-Matic complains either there is not a pattern queued, or it extends out of the safe area. What I suspect is, since stitching must be applied prior transferring from Art & Stitch to Q-Matic, is the jump stitches are the cause of the issue. Both Bernina and Art & Stitch have been alerted, but no solution, or promise of a solution, have come forth. This said, both programs are amazing, if only they would only correctly talk to each other when it comes to a full quilt, thus enabling use of the Q-Matic Realign function. Not a happy prospect, to get to the end of a quilt and have insufficient or excessive space, especially the former.
Old 10-01-2017, 08:06 AM

Did you purchase a longarm yet? I have a Bernina Q24 and love it!!! I tested just so many except for the A1 and Prodigy. I couldn't find any in the central New York area to try out. My first pick was Bernina Q24 and then Gammill. I have not regretted my decision for a moment. I can't believe the stitch quality, the ease of operation and the support from the dealer. The machine just glides along. I have never even had a tension issue nor have I needed to adjust the tension. I have used different battings and still no tension issues. The Q24 is magical!
Old 03-31-2020, 06:57 AM

Question

Originally Posted by Doggramma View Post
I've had the Q24 for about 2 years. I love it. The stitch quality is consistently great. I've had no tension issues at all. After test driving a few at a quilt show, I chose this one. It was the most expensive of the ones I tried. It's set into a beautiful, sturdy Koala table which I'm sure adds to the high price. Another thing I love about it is the stitch regulator. I haven't regretted my decision. Another factor to consider, though, is having a Bernina dealer close by in case you need to take it in for service. Fortunately I haven't had to do that yet. But it only weighs 38 pounds so it's not horribly heavy to get it up from the basement to get it to the dealer.
Just wondering how you are doing with your Bernina long arm. by the post you made regarding the koala table...does this mean you have the Q24 as a sit-diwn rather than on the frame? Any repairs or adjustments needed? and if so how did it go? TIA!
Old 03-31-2020, 07:05 AM

Yes my Q20 is mounted in a table. I’m still loving it! It still quilts great with no tension problems. And it’s so easy to take care of - just brush out the lint and oil it every day it’s used. It hasn’t needed any servicing.
Old 03-31-2020, 07:07 AM

@jemanner and @Dysfunktional Quilter how has ownership of the Q24 been over the years? any major issues? have you needed service, how did it go? I am seriously considering negotiating for this machine. it will be a once in a life time purchase, so i need to make the right decision. And with Covid19 shopping around is not really an option. this thread has been very helpful. Most of the reviews on this model have been limited to new owners being thrilled. so I am looking for some info on the longer term operation of the machines
TIA
Old 02-07-2022, 10:53 AM

Hoping you can tell me how you have been liking the q24 have you had any problems with it over the years?
Old 02-08-2022, 04:27 AM

I have had my Q24 3 years now and love it…I have had no issues with the machine and I love how easy it is to maintain. There are other machines that offer more stitches per minute, but I do all of my FMQ without a computer so it is fast enough for me.