Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Bernina Stitch Regulator skipping stitches >

Bernina Stitch Regulator skipping stitches

Bernina Stitch Regulator skipping stitches

Old 03-18-2010, 07:46 AM
Power Poster

A few guild members have the expensive Berninas. Everyone of them said they have all had problems using the BSR.
Old 03-18-2010, 07:48 AM

I actually thought it was something I was doing wrong, so I am feeling better. However, I am under a deadline to enter a show, and this is not good. Thanks for the reply.
Old 03-30-2010, 05:39 PM

Did you ever figure out what was going on with your bsr? I googled today and found your post, it was EXACTLY like what i have been going through.
Old 03-30-2010, 05:41 PM

Did you ever figure out what was going on with your bsr? I had the exact same experience today and am trying to figure out what to do next.
Old 03-30-2010, 06:10 PM

Did you ever figure out what was going on with your bsr? I had the exact same experience today and am trying to figure out what to do next.
Old 03-30-2010, 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by susanshaw
I don't know if it will help, but I recently found out that although in the classes for my Bernina and in the manual, they say to set the pressure foot pressure at 0. However, according to an email one of the board members got when asking about this, that is incorrect and it should be at the default setting which is I believe is 47. Also have you had the firmware update and stronger spring done to your BSR?
Old 03-30-2010, 06:21 PM

I bought this same machine because of the bsr but was so dissatisfied with its performance, I traded it in for the Designer SE. I do hope you find out what's wrong so you can enjoy your new machine.
Old 03-30-2010, 07:03 PM

Yes, I was told by Bernina that the manual is wrong, and that the presser foot setting should be left at 47. I also had my dealer update the software and firmware, and replace the spring on the BSR. I just got it back and so far I'm not having a problem. Using a needle with an eye that's too small can also cause skipping. I always use the topstitch needle because it has a larger eye and creates a larger loop of thread for the bobbin to catch when making the stitch. On another topic, has anyone purchased the quilt frame that Bernina has now?
Old 03-30-2010, 07:10 PM

I'm not having stitch skipping issues, I'm just wanting my stitch length to be a bit longer and am having some tension probs. dinking with the stitch length. I've not taken my free classes yet, so am hoping they'll help me sort it out. When I bought my machine the "special" was either the quilt frame or a table. I chose the table...
Old 03-30-2010, 09:07 PM

I was doing some quilting on my Downy quilts and was still getting skipped stitches while leaving the presser foot at the normal setting.
My machine is telling me it's time for service so sometime in the next couple of weeks I will take my BSR foot and tell them I want a new spring installed!!