Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Best Laid Plans..... >

Best Laid Plans.....

Best Laid Plans.....

Old 02-07-2020, 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by Homespun View Post
I agree with Gay!
I agree. I can't see what's wrong with it. It looks great.
Old 02-07-2020, 02:06 PM

I hope those geese are flying right for you now. They missed your flight plan. Best wishes on getting them re-done to your liking. They looked fine to me and others as mentioned.
Old 02-07-2020, 03:49 PM

I would leave it alone. It looks great to me.
Old 02-07-2020, 06:17 PM

I am another that can't see it. I thought when I saw the circles that it would be obvious. Nope. Do you really need to rip or is this a new variation?
Old 02-08-2020, 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by tallchick View Post
Nothing worse than a date with Jack, but, this will be spectacular when it’s all said and done, perhaps an adult beverage will help ease the pain of frogging, I can’t wait to see it completed!
Can you please tell me what a date with Jack means. It sounds like a phrase I will need as I continue
Old 02-08-2020, 04:13 PM

A date with Jack means you are going to use your seam "Ripper"..IE: Jack the Ripper.

Yes...I ripped it out, turned it all around and now I'm happy. It is all put together and now I need to start the piano key border.

Watson
Old 02-10-2020, 05:57 AM

Oh my....the saga continues.....

So, I measured my borders to make the piano keys and I needed 216" of piano keys. The pattern called for the fabrics to be strip pieced in 2" strips by colour sets and then cut at 6" intervals to make up what you needed. Each "set" would be 8" across. No problem, right?

Somehow, in my fevered brain, I got the idea I needed 216 pieces of colour sets. ....not 216" of fabric, made up of the colour sets. And, of course, I made extra, because there were going to be so many seams......

I now have a lot of piano key border.

1984" of piano key border, to be exact. And, don't ask me why it didn't occur to me while I was making it that this was way too much, because I just don't have an answer!

Anyone ever seen a double piano key border before? I'm thinking black cornerstones, a 4" black border and then another piano key border also with black cornerstones to tie it together? And then some more on the back.

And, maybe a table runner......

Last edited by Watson; 02-10-2020 at 06:01 AM.
Old 02-10-2020, 08:31 AM

LOL, sorry Watson that I'm laughing but it sounds so much like the messes I get myself into....

I'd say that much extra piano key border is a rail fence top ready to be put together with some minor slicing/dicing or frog stitching (rip it! rip it!).
Old 02-10-2020, 12:01 PM

Not laughing, Watson, just empathizing like heck over here! I'd rather have it that way than how I did *barrrrely* managing to make enough! I can imagine using it up though! Good luck!
Old 02-14-2020, 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by Iceblossom View Post
LOL, sorry Watson that I'm laughing but it sounds so much like the messes I get myself into....

I'd say that much extra piano key border is a rail fence top ready to be put together with some minor slicing/dicing or frog stitching (rip it! rip it!).
or a coin quilt