Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Best place to buy fabric online? >

Best place to buy fabric online?

Best place to buy fabric online?

Old 01-27-2018, 08:57 AM
Power Poster

LOL I'd say every where you like the fabric and they take your credit card. some places I like are https://www.whittlesfabrics.com/ and etsy. Oh yeah definitely http://www.greenfairyquilts.com/ eventhough right now they have no fabric I like. I have also purchased fabric from http://www.connectingthreads.com/?gc...xoCvFkQAvD_BwE but have not been happy about how the fabric preformed. I liked it for kids quilts and stuffed animals but found it would shred at the seam when it was used by children.

Last edited by Annaquilts; 01-27-2018 at 09:00 AM.
Old 01-27-2018, 09:58 AM

My favs:
equilter.com
fabric.com
quiltfabriccloseouts.com
sewcolorful.com

have shopped many others but I like the ones I’ve listed because of fast shipping and great customer service.

oh ya....thousands of bolts.com!

Last edited by SherB; 01-27-2018 at 10:01 AM. Reason: Add information
Old 01-27-2018, 10:04 AM

Good info here. Thx
Old 01-27-2018, 10:13 AM

I like Connecting Threads for price and Old South Fabrics for name brands.
Old 01-27-2018, 01:43 PM

I love civil war fabrics and my favorite is: http://www.heirloomquiltingcompany.com/

heirloom quilting in new Jersey. I found them by being a part of the fab shop hop looking for the bunny.
Old 01-27-2018, 02:18 PM
Power Poster

I rarely buy for a specific project. Usually when I shop on line I am stash building and taking advantage of sales or free shipping. I like Hancocks of Paducah http://www.hancocks-paducah.com/ a lot but their shipping can be sporadic as well as having things in stock. I like Thousands of bolts, but you can only order full yard increments there. Fabric.com is good but you need to be sure you are ordering quilting cotton as they carry so many different fabrics. There are so many wonderful on line sources.
Old 01-27-2018, 02:31 PM

I have only bought quilting fabric from:

MSQC
Connecting Threads
Craftsy

I have bought fashion fabric from Fabric.com too.

I am in Canada and have to consider exchange rates, shipping (cost and method) and duty. I stopped buying from fabric.com when they would not send my package via USPS and would send it via UPS. UPS charges Canadian outrageous brokerage fees and I will not shop with any company that only uses them.

Craftsy shows me the price in Canadian dollars and CT does the brokerage, so I do not have to worry about duty.

It has been a while since I ordered from MSQC, but I was happy with the products, service and shipping when I did buy.
Old 01-27-2018, 03:21 PM

I have shopped online quite a bit and overall have been very happy with my purchases. I have a PO Box in Michigan where I work and had my purchases sent there with absolutely no problems.

I have shopped at Hancock's of Paducah
Connecting Threads
Green Fairy
equilter.com
fabric.com
bugfabric.com
and many individual quilt shops that I found through quiltshops.com when I was looking for something specific.

Sometimes, I have called their customer service to double check that they have what I am looking for and in the amount of yardage that I require. All have been very helpful. I have even sent quilty gifts and fabrics to friends across the US for special occasions and birthdays - some have offered to gift wrap and include a note or card.

The only really slow shipping I have encountered was this past Sept with Jelly Roll Fabrics - it took almost 4 weeks (actually 26 days) to arrive in Michigan from Indiana which is only 4 hours away. I sent 2 emails and also called and felt they were giving me the brush off with the standard line of "takes 10 business days" - was very disappointing -

At the time I actually placed an order the same day, a Friday, with Bug Fabric which is located in Redmund, Washington on the west coast and that order arrived in 4 days on the following Monday! Bug Fabric was very fast and sent a friendly follow-up note - they were terrific to deal with!
Old 01-27-2018, 03:53 PM

My favorites are bearcreekquilting.com and QuiltedTwins.com. There are many good shops out there!!
Old 01-27-2018, 04:13 PM

I buy a lot through Amazon. Most of that comes from Fabric.com.