Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Place To Order Fabric

I really like Favorite Fabric. The owner is a frequent participant here and is wonderful at sharing whats happening in the world of quilt fabrics. I have had the pleasure of going to the "shop" and order on line ... wonderful people , good prices, awesome service!

http://favoritefabric.com/

Thank you for responding. I am going to check it out.

I will be checking them out tonight. Thank you for responding.

Thank you Lori. I really would like to order from someone who is part of the quilting family. I am new to quilting and new to this board. Since I joined, I have ask so many questions and have receive so much help from so many, that I would like to give back to my quilting family when it's possible.

I buy alot of fabric through www.equilter.com . I never have had any trouble with the orders or the quality of the fabric.

Blog Entries
    There are several good on line shops, but one thing to watch for is,many sell by the yd only.I love a good sale, but for service & a good range of fabrics,my fav is "Thousands of Bolts".

I was introduced to this shop when in Texas and they have everything. I am getting ready to place an order so don't know about their service or shipping.
    www.maloufsfabrics.com

Lynda

I like fabric,com. They take paypal. I also take online surveys for "points" Points are then traded in for FREE gift cards to many stores online. I like to think of it supporting my habit.

Hancock's Fabrics of Paducah. Digital on=line catalog. Easy to see the fabric in detail. Plus help over the phone if you need it.

Check out www.fabshophop.com. You don't have to join the hop, but you can check out the list of shops. There are lots and many of them have sales.

Blog Entries
    Hi Betty, when did you pm Shirley? A friend of hers pasted away yesterday afternoon and that is probably why she hasn't gotten back with you, I am sure that she will get in touch with you sometime today. Anyway that is a really great little quilt store there and the fabric is really great. Oh by the way where is Mabank? If you are close fairly close to Granbury, please let me know we are trying to get as many board members as we can together, we had a good get together yesterday and are planning on another on really soon. Would love to have you come and join us. Nita

I saw at least one person mention "Thousands of Bolts" It would be a great place for what you want, it is so easy to narrow down the fabrics to look at by color. Check it out. I have bought fabric from them and the quality was very nice.

Have Fun :lol:

ditto on fabric.com, nice material and they usually have coupons. I just google fabric.com coupons and use the codes. They always ship within 2 days.

Quote Originally Posted by Annevc
    I buy alot of fabric through www.equilter.com . I never have had any trouble with the orders or the quality of the fabric.
    I agree. I also like the vast choice at Hancocks-Paducah and their lovely catalog which you can now see online. I agree on the efficiency of the CT site and their specials. Now I'll check out some of the other sites you all have mentioned. Many heads make light work!

Hi Betty, Texas Quiltworks is a great on-line as well as LQS. I live in VA. so I've never seen any of these stores. I mainly order on line: conecting threads.com, equilter.com are good ones and there is always hancocks of Paducha. Lynne

Blog Entries
    I too love Connecting Threads!

Quote Originally Posted by ashlett
    Fabric shack is brilliant, I buy regularly from the U.K. could not afford to buy all my fabric in this country.Here is the address.

http://www.fabricshack.com/
    They get my vote too.

Blog Entries
    I love Fabric.com - they have a large selection, free shipping after $35 purchase, and I have NEVER gotten a bad piece of fabric from them - and they have built in sales every day of the week - you can get their daily newsletter, and it gives you the sales of the day - and I love browsing their online store... hope this helps... and I love the free shipping after $35. It does not take long to get $35 added up! and it is fast shipping! If you'd order today - I can bet you would have the order before Thursday! maybe sooner... great results from them.

I would love to see your project when it is done. I am looking for that issue of Quilters World for I, too, want to make that twist on the front cover.

I love the quality of Hancock's of Paducah. Great selection usually in their sale areas. Also have used Connecting Threads and have had no problems . I've heard a couple people (my sister being one) who have had problems with their quality. I buy a lot from Fabric. com also. IF There are so many great places - have fun!

Betty - have you been to the new quilt shop in Kaufman? They have a small selection and are very pleasant and helpful. I order online from Over the rainbow, www.overrainbow.com, they are wonderful! Good Luck on finding your fabric. Dee

Online I like www.fabricdepot.com

I like E-Quilter out of Boulder...I also live in Texas but have numerous shops locally....but I have bought from E-Quilter and received my order with in days...They have a web site and you can call them to ask questions...very friendly...

For LOTS of different fabrics, at really cheap prices, it's definitely got to be www.thousandsofbolts.com - You could spend all day on the computer and not see everything they have.... and they are sorted by color!!

My favorite on-line shop is Over The Rainbow. It can be found at http://overrainbow.com

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast