Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: Best Place To Order Fabric

Betty,
    There are so many it's hard to choose. However, I found this little website in Spokane WA that has a wonderful selection, and fantastic service. I found out that she runs the business out of her home and ships quickly. Great service!
    http://www.quiltpatchlane.com/
    http://www.quiltpatchlane.com/cgi-bin/Store/store.cgi

Dee
    Very happy with their fabric. Also Keepsake quilting and Fabric.com.

Betty, don't know where in TX you are, but there are NO Shortage of quilt shops in TX. Look for TX quilt shops and pick out dozens with web sites and just look. Between Houston are and Dallas/Ft Worth area there must be 4 dozen or so and every other town. If you will let us know where, maybe someone knows of one closer to you. Good luck.

Peg-TX
    Innova 18"

]I am going to attempt to make the My Rose of Sharon (traditional with a twist) quilt designed by Bev Getschel that is on the December 2010 cover of Quilter's World

Banned
    Blog Entries
    PM me, I have some for sale!
    there is also

http://www.stitch-n-frame.net
    they have great prices on Thursday they have a sale all day!

http://www.fabricshack.com is good as well and so it
    http://www.thousandsofbolts.com

Betty, If you go straight up to Terrell then to Garland and to Wyle, (just east of Plano) they have a wonderful quilt shop there. I Googled north tx quilt shops and I found a bunch. There is a wonderful one in Waxahatche? also and sme of TX best in Ft. Worth. Go make a day of it.

Peg-TX

Quote Originally Posted by BETTY62
    I am going to attempt to make the My Rose of Sharon (traditional with a twist) quilt designed by Bev Getschel that is on the December 2010 cover of Quilter's World magazine. I need 3/4 yards of 10 different white with black prints and 1 fat quarter each of 18 red fabrics. I live in a small town that does not have a LQS. There are only 2 other QS that I know of in a 25-30 mile range, however, they do not have a very large selection of fabrics. What would be the best on-line shop to order from? I am looking for one that will give me quality fabric at a fair price. Any help you can give me will be appreciated. I am sure several of you may be shop owners, however, I am to new to the board to know who you are. If you have a shop but do not sell on-line, have quality fabric and competative prices, please send me a PM and I will get back to you. Thanks. Betty

jUST ORDERED FROM CONNECTING THREADS REPRODUCTION FABRICS FOR MY CIVIL WAR QUILT...VERY HAPPY....NOT ONLY WERE THE SALE PRICES WAY BETTER THEN ANY OTHER ON LINE SHOP I RESEARCH BUT FAST DELIVERY....I BOUGHT 10 DIFF FABRICS ALL ON SALE FOR 2.49 PER YD...CAN'T BEAT THAT...

YOU CAN ALSO TRY EQUILTER.COM KNOW PEOPLE WHO HAVE ORDERED FROM THEM AND VERY HAPPY...ESPECIALLY IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR A SPEICFIC NAMED FABRIC CHANCES ARE THEY WILL HAVE IT

I am surprised no one has mentioned Old Country Store http://www.theoldcountrystore.com/fabrics/ They have the best prices on all the new fabrics. Located in Intercourse, Pa. in the middle of Lancaster County. If you google quilt shops in Lancaster county you will find some. Burkholders is another, Dutchland Quilts, Hayloft Fabrics. Most of these have prices you wont believe. Have fun.

I agree have ordered some collections from Connecting Threads, and very pleased with what I go. I have a set of strips in black/white, with some red strips too, don't know what I am going to do with them, probably make a purse, not enough there to sew anything of size. All this fabric and quilt talk, makes me want to get to my machine... Bye...

I absolutely love Thousands of Bolts. I order quilt shop quality and brands for 4 to 5 dollars a yard. I love them!

Marshall's Dry Goods in Batesville Ar. they have a good web site and you can find most anything you are looking for. Also, try the Quilt shop in Athens - they have a very good selection of fabric.

I have had excellent experience with http://www.quilt-kits-online.com/

I order fabric online all of the time--I ws bragging that I hadn't been to the local fabric shop in over 2 weeks and a large bundle of fabric arrived in the mail-oops I got caught. Fabric.com, fatquartershop but I have purchased from many other ones as well. I have never had a problem. I even have found matching fabric on ebay for half-price! The only thing is you can't touch the fabric but if you are ordering 100% cotton than you are usually ok.

thank all of you for the great info re: fabric sites

QKO
    Quote Originally Posted by shufer1
    I have had excellent experience with http://www.quilt-kits-online.com/
    Thanks, Shufer1!

:-D

The Cotton Loft is also a good place to shop. Be prepared to stay on the computer all day, they have so much!!! Ask me how I know!

At the suggestion of a member I went to fabric4less.com. I could spend hours there! You have to buy an entire bolt, but at $2.50 a yard if you find something that you can't live without, as I did, it's a great deal. Must stay away from that site as I could get in a whole lot of trouble. When the package comes I'm going to be in a whole of trouble already. DH does not understand the word "stash."

Orchard Park, NY (near Buffalo, which is near Niagara Falls)
    Blog Entries
    Blue's Quilting Mama & Lori S, thank you for mentioning Favorite Fabrics as a source!

Lori, you forgot to mention our chocolate box, though. Did we forget to show you where we keep it? So sorry...!

And Jill has set up a "Cocoa Comfort Station" for the wintertime too...

Try Fabric Shack in Ohio. They have a good selection. Also, Mary Jo's Fabric Outlet in Gastonia, NC. These are reliable sources and they have good fabric.

i buy from hancock of paducah and e-quilter//both on line

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4