Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Press

Best Press

Hi Guys,

Can you give me your opinions on Best Press.... I have seen it over here (UK) but it is rather expensive £8.00 per bottle....... So before Imsplash out I would love to hear what you all think of it.

Hugs

Caroline
    Caroline

I use it all the time and love it. Adds just enough weight to the fabric to help in piecing.
    If you feel like you're special...it's 'cause you are!
    Momto5

I have never used it but a friend of mine uses it and really likes it. She said she uses it sparingly since it is so expensive.
    Gloria 

I use it all the time and I think it is definitely worth it. I buy it off Amazon.com and get free shipping so I buy a gallon at a time. Can you purchase from Amazon in the UK? But only you can tell if it is worth the price. Buy one bottle and try it and decide for yourself.
    Marie

Blog Entries
    It's good. Bounce has a ironing spray that works the same as Best Press and it's much cheaper. It's not starch, it is a spray starch alternative and it doesn't have a heavy scent. http://www.bouncefresh.com/beyond-th...ironing-spray/ I don't know if you have this product available in your area.
    Got fabric?

Quote Originally Posted by mhansen6 View Post
    I use it all the time and I think it is definitely worth it. I buy it off Amazon.com and get free shipping so I buy a gallon at a time. Can you purchase from Amazon in the UK? But only you can tell if it is worth the price. Buy one bottle and try it and decide for yourself.
    I also buy a gallon at a time, from the shop where I work with my employee discount. I use it not only for quilting, but also for ironing DH's shirts.

Much better than spray starch (no residue) and gets wrinkles out of EVERYTHING!

I love my Best Press. I buy it by the gallon when I can get it at a discount or else get free shipping.

mltquilt

This past Christmas I opened a box with two spray bottles and two gallon bottles of it as a gift from my non quilting daughter. I was so excited!! I had mentioned earlier in the year how great it was and how expensive it is. She remembered and came through.

Blog Entries
    Love it, it makes everything so much easier

I use it all the time and love it!

It is the only "starch" that I use, but I dilute mine with water by 50%. I also buy mine by the gallon as A) it's cheaper and B) I know I'll use the whole gallon eventually.
    May your stitches always be straight, your seams always lie flat, and your grain never be biased against you.

Sue

Love it!!!! get the gallon jugs from joanns with coupon

You might like to search on the forum for Best Press Recipe & a few postings come up, here's the 1st one I see http://www.quiltingboard.com/links-r...h-t178887.html I know nothing is ever quite as good as the original.... but... you might just have the ingredients to give it a try.

I use Magic Sizing from Walmart. Have had no problems and it does not stick to my iron.
    Beth in Maryland

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DogHouseMom View Post
    It is the only "starch" that I use, but I dilute mine with water by 50%. I also buy mine by the gallon as A) it's cheaper and B) I know I'll use the whole gallon eventually.
    I also dilute mine with great results! I have never seen it at my Joann's but Hancock's has it so I use a 50% off coupon from Joann's at Hancock's and buy the gallon bottles.

I use it for quilting but also for everyday ironing and pressing. My other half has to wear a button down shirt everyday to work and I think it does a wonderful job on them! Just enough crispness without feeling like you are wearing cardboard.
    No one has ever become poor by giving. - Anne Frank
    Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. - Martin Luther King, Jr.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/TheQuiltedPig

Blog Entries
    I love Best Press but it's pretty expensive for my tight budget so I make my own. I use 1/4 cup CHEAP vodka, 2 cups water, and a few drops of 100% pure lavendar essential oil. Put it in a spray bottle with a fine mist setting. In my opinion, it works exactly the same as Best Press but it's MUCH less expensive. Try out the recipe on some scrap fabric and see how it works for you. Good Luck!
    "I've always been crazy, but it's kept me from going insane!"
    Valarie

Blog Entries
    Has anyone found a perfect mist spray bottle? Everyone I have tried I always get big drops with the mist.
    Got fabric?

I love this stuff, my LQS does refills so I save a $1. I use regular heavy spray starch when prepping my fabric for cutting then the Best Press for ironing during piecing. I haven't been lucky enough to find the gallon jugs at Joann's, but I m headed to amazon to see what the prices are there.

A group of us ordered gallon jugs of BP a few years ago. I haven't even made a dent in mine ... yet I use it a lot. The discount of us ordering together was well worth the effort. I also 'won' as door prizes two small spray bottles which is what I use and refil from the jug.

ali
    Have fun quilting! If it isn't fun, you will miss a lot.
    ali

Quote Originally Posted by pinkberrykay View Post
    I love this stuff, my LQS does refills so I save a $1. I use regular heavy spray starch when prepping my fabric for cutting then the Best Press for ironing during piecing. I haven't been lucky enough to find the gallon jugs at Joann's, but I m headed to amazon to see what the prices are there.
    I love BP. I find it does not leave a residue on my iron like other brands so. Can I ask what LQS does the refills? I do get to the Soo occassionally, and would take my bottle with me if I knew which one. Thanks.
    Sophie2

Quote Originally Posted by Val in IN View Post
    I love Best Press but it's pretty expensive for my tight budget so I make my own. I use 1/4 cup CHEAP vodka, 2 cups water, and a few drops of 100% pure lavendar essential oil. Put it in a spray bottle with a fine mist setting. In my opinion, it works exactly the same as Best Press but it's MUCH less expensive. Try out the recipe on some scrap fabric and see how it works for you. Good Luck!
    Does this have a shelf life and need to kept in the refrig or some such thing. I don't sew every day and I like BP as it can just stay on my sewing table. I also buy it a gallon at a time, and its almost time to buy again.

Blog Entries
    I love it. I agree it is rather expensive, I also pay $8.00 per bottle. I use it very sparingly.

Blog Entries
    I have never heard of Bounce spray.....going to see if I can find at the store...Thanks!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by BellaBoo View Post
    It's good. Bounce has a ironing spray that works the same as Best Press and it's much cheaper. It's not starch, it is a spray starch alternative and it doesn't have a heavy scent. http://www.bouncefresh.com/beyond-th...ironing-spray/ I don't know if you have this product available in your area.

Blog Entries

the best press spray bottles do a great fine mist....love best press but have gone over to the vodka press due to price. I use an ounce of vodka to half gallon of distilled water and a drop of essential oil, works great.

not worth the price. any good fabric finish will do the same thing. Much too pricey

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast