Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Best way to sell my fabric? >

Best way to sell my fabric?

Best way to sell my fabric?

Old 07-10-2010, 05:25 AM

Originally Posted by quiltilicious
Hi Linda,

(please note that I would love to buy your stash, I'm sort of on a spending moratorium because I have no room for more fabric right now)

anyway, I think there are rules about how long you have to be here to post in the clasiifieds, but maybe the mods will make an exception? You'd have to ask them. People do sell fabric here. We are INTERNATIONAL, and you'd have to ship stuff around.

If there is a quilt guild or 2 near you, tell them about your yard sale and people will come by and clean out your stash - one of our old guild members decided to concentrate on doll making rather than quilting and sold off his stash in a yard sale - I enjoyed this because I picked up a trunkfull of fabric for between 1 and 2 dollars a yard (and it was really good stuff!). Our guild pretty much cleaned him out.

anyway, if you have any HOFFMAN CELESTIAL fabric - I will buy it all. (even though my husband will kill me)
Not sure about the Hoffman fabric. It is all packed in containers. I will check on this when I go through it. I know I have Hoffman but not sure about Celestial.
Old 07-10-2010, 05:29 AM

Originally Posted by FranW
Small World! I am in Canton, OH, too. But I am not going to ask any more about your fabric b/c I am on a strict "buy no more" plan (at least until work picks back up). Good Luck!
I understand about the work thing. We have been hit so hard in this area. I also know how hard it is to stay away from the fabric shopping. We went to Holmes county yesterday and even though I am not quilting now, I really wanted to stop at all the shops, especially Craft Cupboard in Berlin. I didn't dare suggest it to my husband though. Take care, Linda
Old 07-10-2010, 05:34 AM

Originally Posted by martha jo
Take a look at the beautiful purses people are making. Maybe you would like to dabble with that for awhile.
I did look at the purses. Beautiful! I may still do those type of things. I am keeping most of my home dec. fabric because I have a drapery workroom set up in my home. It is mostly the fine work like quilting that bothers my thumbs. And I love hand quilting. Oh well, move on I guess.
Old 07-10-2010, 05:47 AM

I love hand quilting but perhaps you could do small projects with machine quilting or machine applique so that your hands do not take all of the stress. There are so many wonderful and creative projects out there from runners and aprons to totes and purses - maybe something will tweek your interest and creativity.
Old 07-10-2010, 06:36 AM

Thanks for posting this
Originally Posted by PatriceJ
check this topic outlining rules for selling at this site:

http://www.quiltingboard.com/s-6-1.htm
Old 07-10-2010, 06:38 AM

Have you ever considered selling on E-Bay. Some of the members here even have shops on E-Bay. I have purchased lots of "deals" and been very satisfied.I have also sold; make sure to read all the rules. My biggest complaint, either way, is the cost of shipping. That's not E-Bay's fault though. Blame USPS.
Old 07-10-2010, 06:44 AM

Originally Posted by dphelps
Have you ever considered selling on E-Bay. Some of the members here even have shops on E-Bay. I have purchased lots of "deals" and been very satisfied.I have also sold; make sure to read all the rules. My biggest complaint, either way, is the cost of shipping. That's not E-Bay's fault though. Blame USPS.
I've not sold quilt fabric on eBay but I did sell a lot of vintage chenille and barkcloth last year. Most I cut in squares to sell. I love vintage fabrics. A lot of people use them for quilts and pillows. I agree about the shipping. It was quite expensive and some buyers didn't seem to understand that. I only charged the exact cost and tried to use recycled boxes whenever possible.
Old 07-10-2010, 07:20 AM

I used to be a member of quiltersfleamarket.com. I never sold anything but bought lots of books and fabrics, even a sewing machine one time. Finally, I decided that I had better get off there, or we would have to move out of the house.

You might try that.
Old 07-10-2010, 07:28 AM

I am addicted to this site also. I spend way too much time on here and not enough quilting.
Old 07-10-2010, 07:49 AM

Originally Posted by quiltingmimipj
I used to be a member of quiltersfleamarket.com. I never sold anything but bought lots of books and fabrics, even a sewing machine one time. Finally, I decided that I had better get off there, or we would have to move out of the house.

You might try that.
Quilters Flea Market is a Yahoo Group.

groups.yahoo.com/group/QuiltersFleaMarket