Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Big Goof-up >

Big Goof-up

Big Goof-up

Old 08-11-2018, 05:52 AM
mkc

How big is "huge"? If the right size, I think they would look beautiful as a set of placemats
Old 08-11-2018, 05:58 AM

I am laughing....not at you, but with you. I have pulled some sewing incidents like that before. Just think, if you make a few more, you can have a reversible quilt. Life does go on, doesn't it? Even if there are a few hiccups.
Old 08-11-2018, 06:06 AM

Thanks to all for the supportive comments. The medical tests they are running are "on both ends". But so far they have found nothing.

What a wonderful community we have here. For us semi shut ins this is our social network. I enjoy each one of your comments.

The four log cabin blocks should be sewn together just like the correct three to make one 11 inch block. I'm still laughing at myself. I'll put them as part of the back just to remind myself of the clown using the sewing machine.

Marcia
Old 08-11-2018, 06:10 AM

I'm missing something too...or my mind isn't working correctly (again). Can't you rotate the block on the right bottom to fit where it's suppose to? It appears the same size as the others to me....but the concussion I had in June could be throwing me off!!
Old 08-11-2018, 06:18 AM
Power Poster

Four of the log cabin blocks together should make an 11" block. She made each block way too big. It is certainly a mind puzzler how that could happen but it does happen and happens to me more then a few times. LOL
Old 08-12-2018, 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by Battle Axe View Post
Have you ever made a bigger goof up? This is the block of the week from Debbie McInnis in Wash. state. She sends two 11 inch block instructions per week. Usually I have no trouble, but I may be distracted by all the medical tests they are running on me. (I am passing them all!!)

The three on the left are correct, the disaster is the long cabin block where I guess I did not read the directions. It was one seam from the state you see it in here before I realized that these blocks are going somewhere on the back of this quilt. It all goes in a tub and gets put on the UFO shelf until I can calm down.[ATTACH=CONFIG]599244[/ATTACH]

The part I missed was the one inch wide and various lengths. I used the various lengths as the widths.
We've all done this.. I know I have - a least once or twice a week here lately, or so it seems
Old 08-12-2018, 08:46 PM

I can't help it...I'm laughing at the teensy weensy red dot in the middle. Like the runt of the litter getting squashed by the big healthy piglets at feeding time.
Old 08-13-2018, 08:19 AM

Ahhh, Battle Axe: If we can still laugh at ourselves, life is still good. I think the blocks will be very pretty on the back. Good luck with the rest of the tests.
Old 08-13-2018, 07:15 PM

I'm glad you can laugh about it -- I've done something similar (how many times I won't tell). But it has to do with mixing up two different patterns, each one having different layouts, I think I ended up having to rip out about 20 blocks -- I had done two different log cabin patterns before, and well, I just blew it! Ripping is not fun, and I really don't want to be friends with my ripper, either! lol! Beautiful fabrics and gorgeous blocks!
Old 08-14-2018, 03:42 AM

Dear Fellow Quilters, I got bad news on the last of the tests. I totally flunked the uterine lining wall test. Mine is too thick, should be paper thin. I'm really worried as the post menopausal blood was the same color as when I had colon cancer. They will do a biopsy next Tues. So I get a whole week to work myself up into a dither.

It would help if I could hear from someone else who has had this and then had the hysterectomy. Could you share your experiences on a PM.

Marcia