Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
binding buddy >

binding buddy

binding buddy

Old 07-27-2014, 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by ArtsyOne View Post
I'd better not watch the video - just spent an hour trying to figure out how to join the ends of the binding on my quilt (even had Fons & Porter instructions sitting next to me). Seems like I can never get it right, so sometimes I just tuck one end into the other. If only there were a way I could really understand and remember from one quilt to the next.
Go to Christaquilts.com. She's got a great tutorial on binding and she shows how to join the ends in a very easy way.
Old 07-28-2014, 07:42 AM

Originally Posted by joe'smom View Post
My favorite binding tutorial. It's one you can fast forward if you just want to see the end-joining technique, but it is very informative throughout. (She demonstrates with straiight grain strips, but the joining technique is applicable to bias as well).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2hWQ5-ZccE
Wow, that is a wonderful technique. I've never seen this video before. I'm saving this one for sure. She makes it look so easy to finish. I swear, no matter what project I finish, I always have to revisit a video on the binding. I think I have a mental block about the whole thing. Thanks for this info.
Old 07-28-2014, 08:11 AM

Originally Posted by joe'smom View Post
My favorite binding tutorial. It's one you can fast forward if you just want to see the end-joining technique, but it is very informative throughout. (She demonstrates with straiight grain strips, but the joining technique is applicable to bias as well).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2hWQ5-ZccE
Wow, that is a wonderful technique. I've never seen this video before. I'm saving this one for sure. She makes it look so easy to finish. I swear, no matter what project I finish, I always have to revisit a video on the binding. I think I have a mental block about the whole thing. Thanks for this info.
Old 07-29-2014, 11:16 AM

She is using folded fabric. In the straight cut...the fabric unfolds. She will have to cut the bias strip in half and join when stitching.
The ruler is too thin for me...it looks "floppy."

Originally Posted by mandyrose View Post
Am I seeing this right? she is cutting the fabric on the fold with the binding buddy now it looks to me that when you open the bias strip there will be a V at the fold........but it could be me seeing things https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEAaYxOmmgc
Old 07-29-2014, 11:23 AM
Power Poster

I think it's just a smaller piece of fabric that will be easier to film for the video.

That's why there are 45 degree angle lines marked on our big rulers!